new video: stickering my 40th anniversary 1994 tom delonge sticker strat

daveyjones

I don't have the words to say how much I'm really like super proud of this project and how it came to life (and especially with all of the super detective work here from everyone in particular especially @daveyjones, @Q182, Ry and @blinkstillrules)

When I created the thread back in 2016, I would have never expected that the actual strat would come full circle and be stickered once again with the work that we have accomplished here in regards to the research, the numerous pictures, videos and the amount of knowledge that we have gathered here.

That guitar truly is iconic and legendary and made me discover a ton of new bands (just with the stickers alone)

I have added Davey's video in the original post of the thread!

I sincerely really appreciate the shout-out it means a lot to me in being part of this wonderful project ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

@Thibaut182 are you ever going to tell Ry how your name is pronounced?

I already told him by private message on the boards but it's totally cool haha 

I don't mind (I totally get that my name is not super common besides France obviously 🤣)

• Like 1

Just now, Julian Towers said:

Can't it? Anyway, thanks @daveyjones for agreeing to this potentially fraudulent request!  Looking forward to chatting! 

I'm just making a Scott joke. Like, even within this blink community, I wouldn't say there's really a "passionate internet fandom" for Scott, but I look forward to reading about the 12 or so fans he still has.

21 hours ago, Julian Towers said:

Hi Davey!

off-topic but I wanted to get in touch! I’m a journalist writing a piece for Slate about the passionate internet fandom for Scott Raynor

if you want to talk to blink fan who knew scott back then, i have some great stories. you can also listen to this, part 1 of 3:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/davey-jones-interview-part-1/id1498399898?i=1000477809893

the scott stories continue into part 2 IIRC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also, it would appear the piece is about more than just raynor:

It started out that way, yes, but the more fans I speak to it’s increasingly clear to me that Scott’s a unique case, worthy of an independent piece (plus i only have about 1000 words). Will have to speak with my editors though.

Anyway: hit me up at julian_towers@alumni.brown.edu if you’re down to set up a time for us to speak

• Like 1
  • Love 1