Dogs Eating Dogs question

Upbeatjake

46 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

He also deleted the blink signature study thread.

That was a very useful thread though because after some time I was able to spot a fake signature when it was posted and I don't know shit about handwriting. 

Being bffs with Mark >>> fans getting scammed 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Spotify says he did an episode on Jan. 23, so, I guess so.

I’m not sure if the thread exists anymore but basically some guy joined and posted about owning some Blink collectible or something and I responded with some nonsense about me owning a pickle that was half eaten by Tom and Ry took umbrage with that. 

Oh yeah I remember that! I had no idea it made him leave. What was the connection to him though? And wasn't the podcast specifically tied to this site? How strange

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Being bffs with Mark >>> fans getting scammed 

I guess I missed anything about him becoming bffs with Mark too, how did that happen?

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Oh yeah I remember that! I had no idea it made him leave. What was the connection to him though? And wasn't the podcast specifically tied to this site? How strange

I think he left shortly after that incident so it may have not been the direct cause, I guess. Who knows? I’m sure he’d give a different explanation. He said that me telling the guy I had a pickle half eaten by Tom was the reason he was embarrassed to tell people to join here. Which, fair enough, I guess but honestly if shit like that is what keeps you from posting then you probably aren’t long for this community anyway. Good riddance.

I thought the podcast was tied directly to this place but I am probably wrong. I listen to the first episode and part of the second and it just didn’t interest me. Ry was (is) good at it, that’s not a commentary on him or the show or anything. However, I’m pretty sure the board connection died out pretty quickly. He used to run the twitter too, I’m not sure if he still does or if that went to someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I guess I missed anything about him becoming bffs with Mark too, how did that happen?

Mark would always play games on Twitch with him and two other guys - I don't know how it started though, maybe because they made some donations? - and now they're friends and they follow each other on social media. 

• Like 1

Yeah I remember him making some complaints about how the board wasn't welcoming enough to outsider people his podcast could bring in, I guess I kinda glossed over the fact that he left at some point. It's a bummer he felt so strongly that he had to leave, he was one of the people who could breathe life into this place on a regular basis, even if he ended up getting spooked by something so tame.

It's sad to say but clearly this board is what it is, there's zero chance of some kind of Blink message board resurgence that would result in a bunch of new traffic and members joining and becoming a community of like hundreds of posters. It's just a few of us old regulars talking nonsense year after year, there's no reason he had to be nervous about the reaction of his podcast listeners trying to come here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Pretty fucked he used us to build himself up then fucked off at the first chance for something “better”. Fuck him.

I was fine with that, actually, whatever. He pissed me off with the whole twitter thing, it turned into a blink twitter echo account just retweeting whatever the members of blink tweeted. I even tried to get him to tweet shit the board members were doing … Kay releasing music or me releasing music or whatever other things people put out and was told that he doesn’t use the twitter to put people out there. Then his next tweet is pushing his podcast. Maybe it’s not a popular belief but I feel like a board centric twitter should be used to lift the members of this board. I get that it’s a blink fan zone but I don’t understand why both things can’t be done.

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I remember him making some complaints about how the board wasn't welcoming enough to outsider people his podcast could bring in, I guess I kinda glossed over the fact that he left at some point. It's a bummer he felt so strongly that he had to leave, he was one of the people who could breathe life into this place on a regular basis, even if he ended up getting spooked by something so tame.

It's sad to say but clearly this board is what it is, there's zero chance of some kind of Blink message board resurgence that would result in a bunch of new traffic and members joining and becoming a community of like hundreds of posters. It's just a few of us old regulars talking nonsense year after year, there's no reason he had to be nervous about the reaction of his podcast listeners trying to come here.

It’s cool getting new people and all but do we really want someone who can’t have fun. The guy I made the pickle joke yo threw a fit and was upset about it. That’s what set Ry off. We saw the same thing when people from the discord joined the zoom calls … If I remember correctly @Ghent got bitched at for making a stupid joke and it’s not like Ghent’s humor is all that edgy. I’m all for new members but if that means putting up with killjoys then no thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

It’s cool getting new people and all but do we really want someone who can’t have fun. The guy I made the pickle joke yo threw a fit and was upset about it. That’s what set Ry off. We saw the same thing when people from the discord joined the zoom calls … If I remember correctly @Ghent got bitched at for making a stupid joke and it’s not like Ghent’s humor is all that edgy. I’m all for new members but if that means putting up with killjoys then no thanks.

The discord people joining the zoom calls totally killed the fun for me. 

• Like 1

I put up a nice pic of Travis’ dick for everyone in that Zoom meeting to enjoy. I thought it would get a nice laugh.

Instead, the Discord people reacted like I was a savage and then some kid with a squeaky voice showed up.

I soon realized this wasn’t my scene

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I put up a nice pic of Travis’ dick for everyone in that Zoom meeting to enjoy. I thought it would get a nice laugh.

Instead, the Discord people reacted like I was a savage and then some kid with a squeaky voice showed up.

Kids these days. They just don't appreciate good humor.

37 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The reactions were kinda funny though! Love seeing people awkward

you have to remember though that they can’t even post a swear word over there, imagine visiting us and the first thing they see is a dickpic, hahaha hilarious!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The reactions were kinda funny though! Love seeing people awkward

you have to remember though that they can’t even post a swear word over there, imagine visiting us and the first thing they see is a dickpic, hahaha hilarious!

They should have felt honored, bunch of ungrateful brats with no appreciation of what came before. Standing on the shoulders of giants, pretending they’re flying and spitting in the face of everything sacred. They should be ashamed of themselves!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

They should have felt honored, bunch of ungrateful brats with no appreciation of what came before. Standing on the shoulders of giants, pretending they’re flying and spitting in the face of everything sacred. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Fuck them cunts!

• Like 1

I remember thinking it was really weird when we were doing the charity thing here after we learned about Mark’s cancer and he never promoted it on the board’s social media accounts, which he was still running at the time. In his podcast he often talked about how much he wants opportunities to help people and support good causes and stuff like that and he just totally ignored that we were doing that.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

What self respecting blink fan hasn’t seen Travis’s cock?!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Speedo said:

It’s cool getting new people and all but do we really want someone who can’t have fun. The guy I made the pickle joke yo threw a fit and was upset about it.

My favorite part about this is that we lost another member because of another pickle discussion not long after

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1