Dogs Eating Dogs question

Upbeatjake

15 hours ago, Speedo said:

It’s cool getting new people and all but do we really want someone who can’t have fun.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, more people would be great! Growing up in the 00s I remember being on like 4-5 different bands' message boards exactly like this with a bunch of weirdo fans just like us but with a lot more members and nonstop activity. I just don't think very many people use sites like these anymore, so Ry had no reason to get all scared of podcast listeners flocking here.

Personally I think these places are 10000x better "communities" for fans than reddit/twitter/etc (have never used discord) but old school message boards have just gone by the wayside.

• Like 4

My biggest disappointment with Ry-Bread is that he coexisted with us just fine before he made the podcast.. Yes, he was a blink bot like me, but he posted Feldmann weasel means and conspiracies about him taking over the band all the time. He would NEVER have done that in his later days here.

That's fine, I understand he gained access to Mark and had outside listeners, but it's a bit disingenuous to throw us under the bus for behavior he was engaged in at one point.

I think he's a good guy and he worked hard on social media. Even if it was just used as a stepping stone, that's ok. I could just do without what I perceive to be board slander.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My biggest disappointment with Ry-Bread is that he coexisted with us just fine before he made the podcast.. Yes, he was a blink bot like me, but he posted Feldmann weasel means and conspiracies about him taking over the band all the time. He would NEVER have done that in his later days here.

That's fine, I understand he gained access to Mark and had outside listeners, but it's a bit disingenuous to throw us under the bus for behavior he was engaged in at one point.

I think he's a good guy and he worked hard on social media. Even if it was just used as a stepping stone, that's ok. I could just do without what I perceive to be board slander.

He was cool until he, one day, got a pickle up his ass.

I mean it was cool to attach the pod to the oldest blink community on the internet that was still active, but as soon as he started playing videogames with Mark we were an embarrassment and he made sure to repeat that a few times before he left. That's what I didn't like even though I know he's a good guy.

What's funny is that we all know that if Mark wasn't famous/wasn't in blink-182, he would get along just fine with everyone here and would give the discord people the most awkward stares.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ghent said:

I put up a nice pic of Travis’ dick for everyone in that Zoom meeting to enjoy. I thought it would get a nice laugh.

Instead, the Discord people reacted like I was a savage and then some kid with a squeaky voice showed up.

I soon realized this wasn’t my scene

Laughed my ass off at this, glad I wasn't drinking a cuppa tea or water or something. Would've spat the whole thing out onto my keyboard.

I didn't take any notice whatsoever about the Rybread situation as I usually only read the blink section of this board. I've been on here for a good few years now and there's some cool people on this website that i haven't really gotten to know on a personal level, so reading about the whole Rybread thing has just shocked me tbh

Didn't realise there was this kinda drama haha

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Laughed my ass off at this, glad I wasn't drinking a cuppa tea or water or something. Would've spat the whole thing out onto my keyboard.

I didn't take any notice whatsoever about the Rybread situation as I usually only read the blink section of this board. I've been on here for a good few years now and there's some cool people on this website that i haven't really gotten to know on a personal level, so reading about the whole Rybread thing has just shocked me tbh

The drama is what keeps this place alive haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

do we know if they still play video games together or was that a short lived thing that resulted from him making big charity donations during mark's twitch streams?

Don’t think Mark has been playing the same games that he and Ry were playing together. Seemed to change up his twitch streams once he had cancer.

I’m pretty they just actually became decent “online friends” through the discord. I’m all for shitting on Ry for throwing us under the bus but to create some narrative that Mark only gave him the time of day because he paid his way in just reeks of jealousy to be honest.

42 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Don’t think Mark has been playing the same games that he and Ry were playing together. Seemed to change up his twitch streams once he had cancer.

I’m pretty they just actually became decent “online friends” through the discord. I’m all for shitting on Ry for throwing us under the bus but to create some narrative that Mark only gave him the time of day because he paid his way in just reeks of jealousy to be honest.

I don’t think it was that either, I think he got a cool opportunity and it went to his head. 

I like Ry and really enjoyed his presence here and his podcast. I was super appreciative of the DED vinyl thing he did, and I was excited to see his podcast gaining traction and see him getting close with Mark. But he rather abruptly decided he no longer wanted anything to do with us which felt really weird after so much time. Oh well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

You mean the throw him under the bus line? Yeah prob wrong term to Use. Thought he was better than us is what I meant.

No, i meant the “buying his way into mark’s good graces” part … I don’t think he did that. I was agreeing with you, sorry, should have been more clear.

15 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No, i meant the “buying his way into mark’s good graces” part … I don’t think he did that. I was agreeing with you, sorry, should have been more clear.

Yeah right. Yeah he just always hung around the discord/streams and played the same games as Mark and got a bit cocky once Mark and him did shit together. 

There’s nothing to suggest it was just because he donated money. 

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Dude, you’re missing out. The blink section is so surface level, the real fun/insanity/borderline illegal but definitely immoral/ stuff happens elsewhere.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kay said:

Dude, you’re missing out. The blink section is so surface level, the real fun/insanity/borderline illegal but definitely immoral/ stuff happens elsewhere.

I'm with @Nosferatu I never venture outside this section. Any time I poke around it seems like most of the other sections are borderline defunct, what secrets am I missing??