Controversial Blink Opinion

Scott.

14 hours ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Blink and Green day wrote better music than the Beatles or any old fart bands that had 2-3 good hits and brainwashed us into thinking otherwise.

bruh I'm not a fan of the Beatles (ask @Ghent) but this troll is way too edgy even for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

17 hours ago, .437 beats .40 said:

I don't mind Goldfinger either.  Even their latest album Knife, was pretty fucking solid and I want to hate Feldmann for being such a doucheface with blink's continuation.

Goldfinger is better than a LOT of bands from the blink heyday.  I often put them in the top 5 when the genre gets more nitpicky.  

Looking back at their discography I really loved Hang Ups and Stomping Ground, and I was pretty familiar with everything up until 2005, I saw them live right around that time and they were absolutely incredible. But I remember buying the album Disconnection Notice when it came out around that time and thinking it had a prettyyy clear turn toward pop so I really never kept up with them since then.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

bruh I'm not a fan of the Beatles (ask @Ghent) but this troll is way too edgy even for you.

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

That's a swing and a miss

Wrong.  What versatility did these guys ever have?  Blink showed us with Dude Ranch, Enema/TOYPAJ, then Self Titled.  Heck throw in Neighborhoods, they are just as solid but can do more than just Hey Jude and LeT iT bE

Kerplunk- Dookie - Nimrod - Insomniac - American Idiot same story here buds.

• Love 1
  • Crab 4

Imagine if the Beatles didn't have the whole global push to make them famous, icons, heroes of our time.  Blink and Green Day came up in an era where hating on them was cool and part of what pushed the 'punk rock' crowd to liking them and the old heads to be spiteful, sans Oasis.

Easily could have just had mainstream push Blink/Green Day for ever in our faces as the John Lennons, Bob Dylans of our times and we'd eat it up but punk is more divisive.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Imagine if the Beatles didn't have the whole global push to make them famous, icons, heroes of our time.  Blink and Green Day came up in an era where hating on them was cool and part of what pushed the 'punk rock' crowd to liking them and the old heads to be spiteful, sans Oasis.

Easily could have just had mainstream push Blink/Green Day for ever in our faces as the John Lennons, Bob Dylans of our times and we'd eat it up but punk is more divisive.

You’re mostly admitting here that you know absolutely fucking nothing about The Beatles.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

looking back on blink after 2015, how they operated, their output, songwriting confirmed my belief that tom wasn't the (biggest) problem

blink should've called it quits after neighborhoods, even better after the untitled record.... i don't think we'll ever get a great album from them again.

Ava sounds more like blink than blink does

tom shouldn't return to blink - ava is a better band

feldman didn't make blink sound as bland as they did on california, i think they didn't give him much more to work with in the first place,  so he made the best out of it. (If the guys would've brought fully fleshed out and good songs to the table, he wouldn't have had to have such a big influence)

• Sad 1
  • Crab 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

looking back on blink after 2015, how they operated, their output, songwriting confirmed my belief that tom wasn't the (biggest) problem

blink should've called it quits after neighborhoods, even better after the untitled record.... i don't think we'll ever get a great album from them again.

I don’t think they should have necessarily stopped at any point. But if the plan was to continue than they should have been able to collaborate like adults. The fact that so much of Neighborhoods was written separately is ridiculous. If to Tom blink is work and AVA is for fun, that’s fine. But you still gotta show up to work bro. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Who has ever pushed Bob Dylan down anyone's throat? He is majorly underappreciated if anything

And I got into the Beatles naturally as a grade schooler with no GlObAl PuSh just by buying one of their albums and giving it a go. Second I heard Strawberry Fields I was in. Have been a fan since.

Anyone seen the Beatles show at the Mirage in Vegas? So good

• Wow 1

Anti-Beatles people almost never have anything to say about the actual substance of their music (and if they do, they usually reveal they’ve hardly listened) and always have everything to say about their status or image, which when it comes to discussions about their /music/ is often irrelevant to me. It’s like saying blink suck because they ran around naked in the WMAA video.

23 hours ago, .437 beats .40 said:

What versatility did these guys ever have?

What Beatles albums have you listened to in full, and when you look at them as a whole / next to each other, where do you find lack of versatility?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Nasa said:

What Beatles albums have you listened to in full, and when you look at them as a whole / next to each other, where do you find lack of versatility?

st!

Please Please Me (1963)

With The Beatles (1963)

A Hard Day's Night (1964)

Beatles For Sale (1964)

Help! (1965)

Rubber Soul (1965)

Revolver (1966)

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)

Yellow Submarine (1969)

Abbey Road (1969)

Let It Be (1970)

Same.  Throw in a George Martin or Eric Clapton feature and that's about as far as it goes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .437 beats .40 said:

st!

Please Please Me (1963)

With The Beatles (1963)

A Hard Day's Night (1964)

Beatles For Sale (1964)

Help! (1965)

Rubber Soul (1965)

Revolver (1966)

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)

Yellow Submarine (1969)

Abbey Road (1969)

Let It Be (1970)

Same.  Throw in a George Martin or Eric Clapton feature and that's about as far as it goes.

15 minutes ago, Nasa said:

• Wow 1