Controversial Blink Opinion

Scott.

14 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Anti-Beatles people almost never have anything to say about the actual substance of their music (and if they do, they usually reveal they’ve hardly listened) and always have everything to say about their status or image, which when it comes to discussions about their /music/ is often irrelevant to me. It’s like saying blink suck because they ran around naked in the WMAA video.

I just never got into the music, honestly. I have really specific tastes that usually involves shitty musicianship, poor singing and speed. The Beatles never really fit into any of that. When I was younger I was more in line with what you’re describing but now it’s just “eh, I don’t care for them but I recognize why people do and why they received the praise they do.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I just never got into the music, honestly. I have really specific tastes that usually involves shitty musicianship, poor singing and speed. The Beatles never really fit into any of that. When I was younger I was more in line with what you’re describing but now it’s just “eh, I don’t care for them but I recognize why people do and why they received the praise they do.

I figured as much, I was more specifically calling out Jan for being a music opinion tryhard.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Nasa said:

What Beatles albums have you listened to in full, and when you look at them as a whole / next to each other, where do you find lack of versatility?

I sing, you sing, we all sing, everyone will eat up whatever we throw at the wall and hope sticks.  I only wish we had our own Dude Ranch and Untitled album.

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

Just now, .437 beats .40 said:

I sing, you sing, we all sing, everyone will eat up whatever we throw at the wall and hope sticks.  I only wish we had our own Dude Ranch and Untitled album.

I’ll just assume you’re lying about having listened to them all, then. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

He copy pasted from wikipedia, clearly.

I’m not a Beatles person either but not because they’re bad, they just aren’t my taste. They’re clearly talented and important and culturally significant though.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

The Beatles just didn’t make the kind of music I’m into. Simple as that. I grew up listening to them all the time because my parents always did and I never liked it. My favorite band is blink-182 and I love punk rock and alternative rock music. The Beatles just don’t come close to sounding like any of the music that I actually like.

There’s not much music pre-80s that I enjoy, period (there is some but not a lot). The music I gravitate towards just didn’t even begin to exist until after the Beatles had come and gone.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

you realize Neighborhoods counts right?  I refuse to believe you actually believe its worse than Neighborhoods. 

That’s your issue? Untitled being worse than California or Nine is more shocking to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1