Controversial Blink Opinion

Scott.

Just now, Kay said:

Yes I have definitely found that repeating a bad joke over and over will work eventually. 

I’m sorry you find it a bad joke. I’m just pontificating on why that song hits differently for me now. I would have thought posting about being sentimental on a Blink song would be encouraged in the Blink section. Do you guys just not like the song or something? It’s perfectly ok and reasonable for us to enjoy different things and view the song differently, no?

• Pickle 1

3 minutes ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

Do you remember the show Weekenders?

It was actually pretty good. But that's what I feel blink was 10 years too late on capitalizing on with this song.

This is a pretty good point, it would have made a great opening song for that show. I grew up in the 90s so the song still hits home for me. 

• Pickle 1

Just now, Iced_Fappuccino said:

No it’s not. Lol. A Goldfinger cover song of 99 red balloons did more sales than any original AK3 song ever did. Don’t shoot the messenger 

Do you really want to engage with someone who thinks I’m trolling because I like Kings of the Weekend, which is clearly an immense belter? They’re not worth your time Diddy, they don’t understand quality. 

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

No it’s not. Lol. A Goldfinger cover song of 99 red balloons did more sales than any original AK3 song ever did. Don’t shoot the messenger 

That song was never a single or sold that way and the album it came from sold 50,000 which doesn’t come close to touching quite a few Alkaline Trio albums.

I’m not much of an Alkaline Trio fan but you guys are putting a lot of exaggeration on Goldfinger’s “success”.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

That song was never a single or sold that way and the album it came from sold 50,000 which doesn’t come close to touching quite a few Alkaline Trio albums.

I’m not much of an Alkaline Trio fan but you guys are putting a lot of exaggeration on Goldfinger’s “success”. 

im very confident that goldfinger has outsold AK3. The only scenario where that isn’t true is the scenario of ak3 sales increasing after Skiba joined blink …to which I’d say big deal, doesn’t count . Also Speedo, if you want to get technical, I guarantee goldfinger’s 99 Red balloons out sold/streamed/is more Widely known than anything ak3 ever put out 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Where are you getting these numbers? I must have been high but I clearly remember Goldfinger's first few albums being pretty solidly known amongst the pop punk type community.  I remember Alk3 not being much more than a Brand New type band popularity at their best.

I admittingly am going off memory though.  

I truly don't care much about Goldfinger vs Alk3 but genuinely shocked if they only sold 50K albums total? There's no way. Did the only do some type of weird workarounds or something to make those numbers off? Open Your Eyes, Spokesman, Superman (of course), Here In Your Bedroom were on MTV.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

Where are you getting these numbers? I must have been high but I clearly remember Goldfinger's first few albums being pretty solidly known amongst the pop punk type community.  I remember Alk3 not being much more than a Brand New type band popularity at their best.

I truly don't care much about Goldfinger vs Alk3 but genuinely shocked if they only sold 50K albums total? There's no way. Did the only do some type of weird workarounds or something to make those numbers off? Open Your Eyes, Spokesman, Superman (of course), Here In Your Bedroom were on MTV.

Feldy was saving his genius creativity to unleash on the one and only, Kings of the Weekend. 

• Pickle 1

20 minutes ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

Brand New is bigger than Alkaline Trio. Both are way bigger than Goldfinger.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Brand New is bigger than Alkaline Trio. Both are way bigger than Goldfinger.

Idk if BN are bigger than Alk3, Alk3 had way more charting singles for a start.

• Wow 1

I didn’t realize the mods drew the line on deleting posts that praised KoTW. Seems kind of odd you condone toxic trolling where people purposefully mischaracterize opinions to discredit dissenting opinions, but can’t handle a few joke posts on KotW. A sad, mentally ill echo chamber 

• Pickle 1