Songs you hate

Scott.

Anything from Frozen. I saw that movie when it was new with some people at school, thought it was pretty good for an animated movie about princesses, but then for MONTHS after that it felt like everywhere I went they were playing the Frozen soundtrack. Out to eat? Frozen music. At the grocery store? Frozen music. At a friend's apartment? Their roommate's listening to frozen music. Walking around on campus? I don't know where it's coming from, but I can hear Frozen music! I've never gone from liking to hating a movie so fast lol

Shake it off by Taylor Swift. It came on the radio earlier in work, annoying as fuck. Her worst song surely? 

All those dance craze songs, the cha cha slide or whatever the fuck it’s called. Fuck off. 

anything by the white stripes. Absolute shite 

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Even Plug In Baby? That song is baller.

It’s ok. My issue with Muse is less their tunes (although a lot of them are still rather 😬 to me) and more their lyrics, production choices, and general sheer pretentiousness that collectively ruin the tunes for me. I could listen to Radiohead instead and have a better experience.

3 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Shake it off by Taylor Swift. It came on the radio earlier in work, annoying as fuck. Her worst song surely?

AND NOW WE GOT BAAAAAAAAHHHHD BLOOOODDDD!!!

• Haha 1

Not the right topic, but I really don't understand the hype over kpop. The music is so over the top and weird. What I find interesting though is that it has basically sparked a worldwide interest in Korean culture (music, movies, tv shows). So much that in my university city of Pisa there has been a boom in Korean university degrees and Kpop is basically helping to revive modern languages departments struggling with falling enrollments. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Not the right topic, but I really don't understand the hype over kpop. The music is so over the top and weird. What I find interesting though is that it has basically sparked a worldwide interest in Korean culture (music, movies, tv shows). So much that in my university city of Pisa there has been a boom in Korean university degrees and Kpop is basically helping to revive modern languages departments struggling with falling enrollments. 

Agreed absolutely shite. The whole Asian thing is weird, it’s all a bit noncey. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Agreed absolutely shite. The whole Asian thing is weird, it’s all a bit noncey. 

Yeah just too damn manic or something. And the vast majority of these kpop people were pressured into plastic surgery at a young age (something more common in Korea than you'd think). It's all very weird. 

22 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah just too damn manic or something. And the vast majority of these kpop people were pressured into plastic surgery at a young age (something more common in Korea than you'd think). It's all very weird. 

It’s clearly targeted towards peadophiles. Any adult into kpop is a fucking oddball imo that needs keeping an eye on. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I’m not a kpop fan, but sometimes I can appreciate the camp and plasticity turned up to 11. The packaged nature of it is what makes it appealing because it’s embracing it full stop. There’s some pop music in the west that is like that, but not a lot. The choreography and fashion can be entertaining, and the fusion of genres and influences (especially western ones) can be cool.

All that being said though, I can only listen in small doses, and I only do at the prodding of kpop fans I know. And unlike them, I’m not into the band members or idol culture in general, which plays a massive role in being a kpop fan from what I gather. And that’s the quality that makes it kind of cultish, hahaha. There’s also all the discussions about cultural appropriation, the mechanical assembly of kpop groups, and kpop stans’ beef with the western music world (BTS and the Grammys being a notable example) that I usually find more interesting than the music itself. Looking into all that can be pretty rabbit hole-y.

• Like 1