Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (9) Seventy Times 7 vs. (24) Sugar We’re Goin Down

Patient #48273

Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (9) Seventy Times 7 vs. (24) Sugar We’re Goin Down  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Seventy Times 7 vs. Sugar We’re Goin Down

• (9) Seventy Times 7 - Brand New
    • (24) Sugar We’re Goin Down - Fall Out Boy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the song you like more or based on which is better specifically as a pop punk song. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 9th.

If you haven’t heard the songs in a long time (or ever), consider checking them out before voting.

On one hand, you have a fantastic song, tarnished by some sexual allegations.

On the other, you have one of the few times that their current music/phase can actually diminish their earlier years quite heavily.  Fall Out Boy, for as 'pretty darn good' as they were in the blink heyday, certainly ruined all that for me with their modern fame seeking bullshit.  Centuries is the worst song ever.  My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is the 2nd worst song ever.

Going with 70x7.  It's a great song.  If this was Thanks for the Memories or Dance, Dance maybe it'd be different.

• Like 1

Everytime I hear stuff of Your Favourite Weapon it makes me sad thinking about how shite and boring they got with their later work and how Jesse Lacey is a nonce. 70x7 is a brilliant song, no doubt. 

FOB get my vote here though, they are cool to hate on also got shite but it's an iconic tune. 

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

There’s not a single FOB song I like and 70x7 is easily my favorite Brand New song ever. Easy choice.

How is this even possible? They’re first two albums are pop punk classics. They rival Enema and Toypaj for me. They’re excellent 

4 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

How is this even possible? They’re first two albums are pop punk classics. They rival Enema and Toypaj for me. They’re excellent 

FOB music is quite annoying. I don’t hate them but even their early stuff can be irritating.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rickay said:

I hope there’s a lostprophets bracket, Last Train Home is a banger.

What Jesse did was fucked up but making jokes and comparing it to the actual physical rape of a baby seems a bit fucked up as well to be honest.

• Like 1