Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (1) Basket Case vs. (32) title track

Patient #48273

Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (1) Basket Case vs. (32) title track  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Basket Case vs. title track

• (1) Basket Case - Green Day
    • (32) title track - Machine Gun Kelly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the song you like more or based on which is better specifically as a pop punk song. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 9th.

If you haven’t heard the songs in a long time (or ever), consider checking them out before voting.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I mean I want to vote MGK because Title Track is better than half of the songs that made the cut...but against Basket Case? cmon now. BS matchup

It shouldn't have even really made the cut because Jan was the only one who voted for it and he later changed his mind, but I included it to try to manifest a @FAPLORD return.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

As much as I want to be a cunt here, Basketcase is one of the songs that started it all for me and shapes up about 10 years of my life with music.  Still remember coming across that video for the first time and then seeing Dammit and Josie next on MTV or whatever and becoming hooked on that genre.

What a song by MGK though.  I put it on here and remembered almost all the words.  The lyrics are actually pretty solid for what it's going for, just not touching Basketcase.

4 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah I’m the one MGK vote lol

Basket Case is fine but the only Green Day album I really love is Nimrod. Title Track is one of my favorite modern pop punk songs.

I’ve never been more disappointed in a board member in my life.

Just now, Kay said:

I’ve never been more disappointed in a board member in my life.

I don’t dislike Basket Case but I don’t love Green Day or Dookie as much as most people do. Though Dookie is probably my second fav Green Day album. I’ve just never been a big fan of them. Aside from Nimrod for some reason which I absolutely love lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don’t dislike Basket Case but I don’t love Green Day or Dookie as much as most people do. Though Dookie is probably my second fav Green Day album. I’ve just never been a big fan of them. Aside from Nimrod for some reason which I absolutely love lol 

Nimrod was kick ass and honest.  Probably my favorite Green Day album too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Not what I’m disappointed about my man

• Haha 1