Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (5) Fat Lip vs. (28) The Middle

Patient #48273

Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (5) Fat Lip vs. (28) The Middle  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Fat Lip vs. The Middle

• (5) Fat Lip - Sum 41
    • (28) The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/22 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the song you like more or based on which is better specifically as a pop punk song. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Friday, March 11th.

If you haven’t heard the songs in a long time (or ever), consider checking them out before voting.

Also the YouTube link to fat lip says it’s unavailable. Doesn’t mention region or anything. Not sure if it’s happening to anyone else. Obviously I know the song so not a big deal but Laura might be looking for a neatness throughout all her threads.

6 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Also the YouTube link to fat lip says it’s unavailable. Doesn’t mention region or anything. Not sure if it’s happening to anyone else. Obviously I know the song so not a big deal but Laura might be looking for a neatness throughout all her threads.

Thanks for letting me know. It's still working for me, but if other people are having issues, I'll replace the link.

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nah says same for me too

I love The Middle/J.E.W. but I'll literally never forget hearing Fat Lip for the first time. I was just starting to get into "my own" music as a kid and my two favorite bands at that time were Blink and Beastie Boys. Hearing Fat Lip basically combine the two into one fucking amazing song blew my mind.

Every now and then, I see people debating whether the lyric in Fat Lip "the doctor said my mom should've had an abortion" or "the dentist said my mom should've had an abortion." Officially, it's doctor and that makes way more sense, but I've seen people insist that it sounds like dentist.