Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (13) Punk Rock Girl vs. (20) Teenage Dirtbag

Patient #48273

Best pop punk song of all time - Round 1 - (13) Punk Rock Girl vs. (20) Teenage Dirtbag  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Punk Rock Girl vs. Teenage Dirtbag

• (13) Punk Rock Girl - The Dead Milkmen
    • (20) Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/22 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the song you like more or based on which is better specifically as a pop punk song. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Friday, March 11th.

If you haven’t heard the songs in a long time (or ever), consider checking them out before voting.

Apparently "Teenage Dirtbag" has become the incel anthem, which is horrifying... but its still a fuckin' baller song so it gets my vote.

3 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Who the fuck are the other band btw. Some shite Speedo or Thongrider nominated no doubt. How the fuck have they even made this competition? Fucking shambles

Punk Rock Girl is a true classic. I loved TD at 11, but it's no Punk Rock Girl. You seriously haven't heard of Dead Milkmen? 

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

Punk Rock Girl is a true classic. I loved TD at 11, but it's no Punk Rock Girl. You seriously haven't heard of Dead Milkmen? 

No genuinely. I’ll check them out 

edit

actually I have heard it. Still dirtbag 

Punk rock girl is a classic. The Dead Milkmen were a fun, goofy band and this song from the 80s is a huge predecessor to the pop-punk of the 90's.

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

teenage dirtbag always creeped me out, though it’s quite the earworm. on the other hand, i’m a huge fan of punk rock girl. it’s bizarrely sweet, funny, fast, and melodic all in one. love the video too. 

Wheatus creeps me the fuck out. I can't even say why, but there's something weird about their singer and that song.