Best emo song of all time - general discussion

Patient #48273

27 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Emo has become such a wide genre since the mid 80s that everyone has a different definition of it. I think it becomes the most confusing when people use the adjective emo to refer to music and aren't talking about the genre. I have no idea where Jan is coming from in this thread though. Saves the Day might be the band that glues the emo genre together. 

Pretty sure I said that Saves the Day can be grouped into a branch of emo, just there are more distinctive emo bands of the early 2000s when I think of Emo.  Saves the day would be something between The Used and Blink 182.

7 hours ago, ............Finch said:

I mean, Radio is a good song but I don't get why it's hyped up to be this epic punk song that needs to constantly be mentioned.  Is it the guitar line?  Dog shitting razorblades line? 

Every line. Everything. Starting every line with a gerund. His anger in the chorus. What a song.

• Love 2

There is nothing more uplifting than when they hit the last chorus live and the band stops, all the lights hit the audience as we scream out "I've got a big fat fuckin bone to pick with you my darlin!" before they slam in again. Such a perfect song. 

• Love 3

A Decade Under the Influence, Cute Without the ‘E’ (Cut from the Team), Sic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades and The Taste of Ink move on to the semifinals.

If I follow the bracket, the next round should be Cute Without the 'E' vs. Sic Transit Gloria and A Decade vs. The Taste of Ink. I don't want two TBS songs to potentially end up in the final, so would anyone get really mad if I changed it to Decade vs. Cute for the semifinal?

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

A Decade Under the Influence, Cute Without the ‘E’ (Cut from the Team), Sic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades and The Taste of Ink move on to the semifinals.

If I follow the bracket, the next round should be Cute Without the 'E' vs. Sic Transit Gloria and A Decade vs. The Taste of Ink. I don't want two TBS songs to potentially end up in the final, so would anyone get really mad if I changed it to Decade vs. Cute for the semifinal?

Please put tbs against itself, makes the most sense