Best emo song of all time - Round 1 - (4) I’m Not Okay (I Promise) vs. (29) What It Is to Burn

Patient #48273

Best emo song of all time - Round 1 - (4) I’m Not Okay (I Promise) vs. (29) What It Is to Burn  

24 members have voted

1. 1. I’m Not Okay (I Promise) vs. What It Is to Burn

• (4) I’m Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance
    • (29) What It Is to Burn - Finch

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/22 at 07:30 PM

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

Fuck who nominated finch? That’s a hell of a shout, what a song!!!

I did!

Great to see they're leading comfortably.

I did listen to MCR a bit and enjoyed them, but I don't really consider them Emo imho.

15-year old Emo me listened to Finch's album way too many times back in 2002/2003.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sk8er Prince MGK_4ever boi said:

Yeah I remember many of the screamo emo fans would call it black metal or even go as far as to call it punk.  Emo was a slur, but have no problem labeling it that proudly now and enjoying the throwbacks. I can see why every other friend's dad was a dick about this music though and we really would have probably done better without it sulking in our misery.

Yep! I'm pretty sure I got into Underoath simply because it was called screamo instead of emo. It had the best parts of emo but the screaming made it okay to listen (which is hilarious because the screaming is the worst thing about Underoath's music, in retrospect).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

When I went to the Honda Civic tour in 2011, I was standing near the back of the pit and a guy came over just before MCR came on. He asked me if I knew what colour Gerard Way's hair was currently and I said I had no idea. He then explained that he had a bet with his friend and I remembered that there were a bunch of scene kids near the front row who all had their hair dyed red, so I told him that and said red seemed like a good guess. A few minutes later, MCR came on and, sure enough, Gerard's hair was red and the guy high-fived me. 😂

This just reminded me, when I saw them on the Honda Civic Tour they kicked their drummer out of the band after they finished their set. I found out about it after I got home lol. Guess I can say I was at his last show with the band. 

• Wow 1

Pleasantly surprised by this result. Harsh on MCR as the song is genuinely an anthem, the video is beyond awful though. Proper cringey shit. The finch song though is fucking mega, fuck me what a force of nature. An absolute tornado of a song. Could be the dark horse here, will be hard to beat nqat

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, What It Is to Burn is one of my favorite songs on the bracket. Glad it got nominated because I didn’t think to nominate it myself, though I should have!

I only back up nommed it because no one else nominated Letters To You, Finch were awesome

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

When I went to the Honda Civic tour in 2011, I was standing near the back of the pit and a guy came over just before MCR came on. He asked me if I knew what colour Gerard Way's hair was currently and I said I had no idea. He then explained that he had a bet with his friend and I remembered that there were a bunch of scene kids near the front row who all had their hair dyed red, so I told him that and said red seemed like a good guess. A few minutes later, MCR came on and, sure enough, Gerard's hair was red and the guy high-fived me. 😂

Hollywood Movie stuff that, get it made Spielberg. 

FInch all the way for me, fucking loved that album. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sk8er Prince MGK_4ever boi said:

I never had this Finch album everyone else supposedly did and this is my favorite song in the competition currently.

You need to rectify that like right now, sunshine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

Feel the emo tears running down my eyes and my sore throat after screaming the song.

Bucko circa 2005:

He's got the lyrics "today is fire and she burns" written on his backpack. He pulls on his biggest pair of dickies, passes the straightener across his fringe and heads to school. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Bucko circa 2005:

He's got the lyrics "today is fire and she burns" written on his backpack. He pulls on his biggest pair of dickies, passes the straightener across his fringe and heads to school. 

Don't forget the black nail paint and guy liner 🤣

• Haha 2