Tom's New Grift

JarJarBlinks

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This is nothing like I imagined. It's ny fault because I fell for it, but Tom has been talking for YEARS about how this movie was supposed to tap into the 80s latchkey kids culture of these California kids going on an adventure/surfing/listening  to music and bumping into aliens (and I have a soft spot for those kind of stories) but this trailer is awful.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Elisa said:

This is nothing like I imagined. It's ny fault because I fell for it, but Tom has been talking for YEARS about how this movie was supposed to tap into the 80s latchkey kids culture of these California kids going on an adventure/surfing/listening  to music and bumping into aliens (and I have a soft spot for those kind of stories) but this trailer is awful.

Objectively speaking, it's a generic b-rate movie trailer with a crazy Tom joke at the end.

Visually, it will look okay, but will have a terrible story line and bad acting. We've done this before with Love and Poet Anderson (lol). I seriously don't understand why he wastes his time with this stuff. And then has the audacity to ask his fans to fund it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, of course it could be an alien. I mean those terrible videos could literally be of anything. Just because tHe PeNtAgOn couldn't officially identify them doesn't make them any more interesting.

Yeah, aliens are likely to exist throughout the Universe. But these videos have nothing to do with that and are being used by the media for easy web traffic.

you're just being a jackass troll. the videos are interesting because according to the pilots (not neckbeards in a garage) these objects outperformed the technology currently available to the US military. 

that's interesting because if it belongs to a powerful country like china, it means the US might be defenseless against it in an attack. considering current world events, that should raise some concerns. and if these objects did end up being from another planet, that's undeniably interesting too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

you're just being a jackass troll. the videos are interesting because according to the pilots (not neckbeards in a garage) these objects outperformed the technology currently available to the US military. 

that's interesting because if it belongs to a powerful country like china, it means the US might be defenseless against it in an attack. considering current world events, that should raise some concerns. and if these objects did end up being from another planet, that's undeniably interesting too. 

...give it a rest dude. they are shitty grainy ass videos that are unidentifiable because they are shit.

If it was some kind of national security threat then Tom Delonge would have never been "in possession" of these videos and they wouldn't be talked about publicly for two years and used as click bait.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

...give it a rest dude. they are shitty grainy ass videos that are unidentifiable because they are shit.

If it was some kind of national security threat then Tom Delonge would have never been "in possession" of these videos and they wouldn't be talked about publicly for two years and used as click bait.

you know when the Tom-bots initiate with the ad hominem attacks on the "fat neck beards" they know that they can't actually argue with any of their points. 

The triangle UFO is a lens flare and the tic tac is a bird. 

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Objectively speaking, it's a generic b-rate movie trailer with a crazy Tom joke at the end.

Visually, it will look okay, but will have a terrible story line and bad acting. We've done this before with Love and Poet Anderson (lol). I seriously don't understand why he wastes his time with this stuff. And then has the audacity to ask his fans to fund it.

Yeah, maybe it'll look ok as the b-movie it is, but you can already tell that it definitely doesn't give the vibe Tom was going for.  Why does he even have to make more movies? He knows that no one cares and his fans just want music from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, maybe it'll look ok as the b-movie it is, but you can already tell that it definitely doesn't give the vibe Tom was going for.  Why does he even have to make more movies? He knows that no one cares and his fans just want music from him. 

The weird thing about Tom is he is always trying to siphon "easy" money out of his fans...when the easiest thing for him to do would be to tour for a few months and rake in the merch and ticket sales. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

you know when the Tom-bots initiate with the ad hominem attacks on the "fat neck beards" they know that they can't actually argue with any of their points. 

The triangle UFO is a lens flare and the tic tac is a bird. 

this is hilarious considering you don't know what i do for a living. i absolutely know more about vfx than they do.