Tom's New Grift

JarJarBlinks

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The weird thing about Tom is he is always trying to siphon "easy" money out of his fans...when the easiest thing for him to do would be to tour for a few months and rake in the merch and ticket sales. 

He honestly just really hates touring.  I genuinely believe that fact now.  He's a bit of a black hole.  And Mark is like the opposite - was satisfied immediately and forever and ever with Blink.  Tom will never be satisfied. 

• Like 2

I honestly don't mind the movies thing from Tom.  Besides the funding thing, it seems like something that he actually feels decently interested/passionate about doing.  Doesn't mean it'll be any good, but I get it more than the other nonsense.  He like's being a director or whatever, and could probably write a decent script if he didn't get so lovey dovey odd with it all.

I don't even care if he never wants to tour again, or do whatever again, it's his life obviously.  It just is so bizarre the way he goes about all of this.  Why not just do a kickstarter like a normal artist?  There's nothing wrong with crowd-funding. 

I wouldn't be opposed at all to throw a couple of bucks his way and help fund a movie or something just because I AM a fan of him, but no.  He chooses the convoluted scammy route.  That's what drives me nuts.

• Like 1

my guess is he will way pay for its own premiere in san diego and then pay another small film festival to screen it. best case scenario, it will get bought by some super small distribution company based on tom's name alone and end up on a streaming service nobody has such as "tubi" or whatever. no legitimate theatrical run. 

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I don't even care if he never wants to tour again, or do whatever again, it's his life obviously.  It just is so bizarre the way he goes about all of this.  Why not just do a kickstarter like a normal artist?  There's nothing wrong with crowd-funding. 

I wouldn't be opposed at all to throw a couple of bucks his way and help fund a movie or something just because I AM a fan of him, but no.  He chooses the convoluted scammy route.  That's what drives me nuts.

There's really no explanation other than he really really hates doing the same thing?  The whole not doing kickstarter, gofundme, cameo, interviews or w.e really does boggle my mind though.  My guess is his obsession to be different or w.e, where those options are all too common now and thinks scamming kids is a much more unique/innovative route than cameo.

15 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

my guess is he goes this route to get his friends and family big annual salaries under the disguise of a company whereas a kickstarter actually has to go towards a specific project to be legal. 

It's not a problem if he's no longer interested in writing music or touring but we can't defend the way he always asks for money. "Invest"?? Giving money to his company to keep it afloat is not investing. He sounds like he's trying to lure the more gullible fans into some fucking pyramid scheme. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

there must be other, richer, people giving him money. i doubt his most gullible fans have thousands to spend on shit like this. maybe some will bite on the $750 one but not enough for it to pay a salary 

I don't know, I've seen some stupid shit.  On youtube,  rich kids will spend $10,000 to get a 'Shout out' during a streaming chat.  I just don't know how many 'kids' are AvA/TTS fans though?

Many have said this before, but Tom should really start his own alien chasing show.  I think so many people would watch that, and would be way better than telling everyone he's part of the government.   I would honestly take that over music at this point because that feels like an impossible journey.

• Like 2