Tom's New Grift

JarJarBlinks

17 minutes ago, The Quiff Walker said:

I thought the whole point of To The Stars Academy was to release Government confidential UFO information to the people. Charging $50,000 for a briefing with Tom kinda defeats the purpose.

Is your name supposed to be Queef?

The movie looks lame unfortunately. It's supposed to be this Stranger Things/ET/Goonies supernatural adventure but... the characters are all like 25? One guy is having a tantrum with his mom and says "DAD NEVER THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!" which could be a touching moment coming from a courageous 14 year old trying to expose the truth but uhhh, doesn't quite ring true from a full fledged adult.

I was kiiiinda intrigued by the idea of a comedy/adventure written by Tom but this looks dead in the water.

• Like 3

I’m legit shocked that some people think this looks okay. Seen one or two reddit comments that seem genuinely excited after the trailer and it’s like… have you never seen anyone act ever or what? The way the trailer is even edited is fucking bad, nothing about this looks good.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, Elisa said:

I was so stoked the other week when I heard that podcast with Tom and of course now he's back acting like a con artist and grifter, I'm crushed. 

Seeing him fully going back on his TTS/scams/aliens bullshit on social media and stuff just makes me wonder whether he goes OFF his meds or goes ON cocaine every several months.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Yeah you guys but did you hear that bit at the end about fucking the guys dad? CLASSIC Tom

I know you're joking, but it's legitimately the only good thing about the trailer lol

30 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Seeing him fully going back on his TTS/scams/aliens bullshit on social media and stuff just makes me wonder whether he goes OFF his meds or goes ON cocaine every several months.

i don’t mean to be insensitive but i think he struggles with some mental illness. his symptoms remind me of bipolar disorder, specifically manic episodes of furiously using social media then disappearing for months (more of a thing of a few years ago, but he still does this). not that going off the grid is grounds for an armchair evaluation, but some descriptions of his behavior in the years since 2005 lead me to believe he loses the plot from time to time. not to mention the grandiose visions, egomania, unfinished projects, announcements 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don’t mean to be insensitive but i think he struggles with some mental illness. his symptoms remind me of bipolar disorder, specifically manic episodes of furiously using social media then disappearing for months (more of a thing of a few years ago, but he still does this). not that going off the grid is grounds for an armchair evaluation, but some descriptions of his behavior in the years since 2005 lead me to believe he loses the plot from time to time. not to mention the grandiose visions, egomania, unfinished projects, announcements 

I think you're absolutely right. Obviously we're not doctors and can't diagnose somebody but it's very clear that Tom had a specific turning point in his late 20s (very common time for mental illness complications to come up) when his behavior and personality made a HUGE erratic shift. I know people change and rock stars are strange but Tom is still an outlier when it comes to all of that in my opinion. He has seemed to ebb and flow between his new "normal" as a humble semi-retired dad/baseball fan and just totally off his rocker ever since.

Tom himself has confirmed he has ADHD which kinda explains why he is the way he is I think although it's no excuse for some of the shitty things he's done in the last 13 years. I too have ADHD and wouldn't even think of doing some of that shit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Tom himself has confirmed he has ADHD which kinda explains why he is the way he is I think although it's no excuse for some of the shitty things he's done in the last 13 years. I too have ADHD and wouldn't even think of doing some of that shit

Yeah, ADHD explains the lack of focus on projects, but not the scamming.

• Like 6