Tom's New Grift

JarJarBlinks

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, ADHD explains the lack of focus on projects, but not the scamming.

Yeahh, you don’t get to use common mental disorders/issues that millions struggle with to explain or excuse immoral behavior. That would be an extremely slippery slope.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Classic Tom, he says it's going to be a world-shaking film franchise, the actual deal is for a tv series... 

Weren't those books borderline unintelligible anyway? Did anyone here read them?

I have them, but they're waaaaay down on my to-read pile. Got em second hand for less than £10. The second one is signed by the other fella (AJ something?) which is kinda cool I guess. 

Ill let you know what they're like if I get round to them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Classic Tom, he says it's going to be a world-shaking film franchise, the actual deal is for a tv series... 

Weren't those books borderline unintelligible anyway? Did anyone here read them?

We've been down this road before. Remember when there was going to be a Poet Anderson World at Disneyland? A tv show on history channel? There is 100% not going to be a movie made by legendary about "sekret machines."

I also like that he's asking people to invest in something that HE just sold the rights to lmao

I don't know anything about this, but is there a chance that movie studios buy up cheap IPs just in case something happens?

"please stop e-mailing us and we will give you 10k for the rights to whatever this is"

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I don't know anything about this, but is there a chance that movie studios buy up cheap IPs just in case something happens?

this happens all the time.  I can't tell you how many time Starship Troopers has been "bought by X company and is being rebooted!" only to never have it happen. 

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No … fucking what?! When was this lol

He kept bragging about "meetings with execs at Disneyland" so I can only imagine what he thought was being cooked up lol

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this happens all the time.  I can't tell you how many time Starship Troopers has been "bought by X company and is being rebooted!" only to never have it happen. 

And Starship Troopers is like a massive franchise compared to these dumb Tom books like 100 dorks worldwide have read

• Like 2