My humble Blink Collection That I Wanted to Share

Quinns86

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The Skiba albums are just gonna let you down if you’re expecting a Blink album but they have some good songs between the two. It’s worth listening too, just try and avoid expectations.

Ok.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I think I'm gonna go for it. 

59 minutes ago, Quinns86 said:

Hi all. I'm new to the boards. I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was, so I apologize if there was a previous thread already about people's collections. I checked with one of the mods first though, and they said it was ok!

Anywho - I just wanted to share some pics I just took of the Blink merch. collection I gathered during my teen years. I don't think there's anything particularly rare in there, but it's definitely special to me. I was hoping to connect with some fans - particularly people who came onto the train around Enema like I did. As you can see, my merch. highly reflects being a fan that got involved around 99' as a 13 years old girl. I would still consider them to be my fave band, but haven't explored anything under the actual "Blink 182" name since the reunion occurred with Neighborhoods and the shows around that time. Should I get over this and give the Skiba albums a listen?....I'm scared to, haha. I feel like he's like my dad's new girlfriend and I'm not comfortable or something.......

If you see anything in my collection that strikes your fancy and you'd like to see better pics (of the inside of a magazine or some such thing, just lemmy know!).

I'll look forward to interacting with you all on here.

Link to more/better images:

qschmal

Thanks,

Quinn

Magazines.jpg

CDsEtc2.jpg

TeeShirts2.jpg

Welcome and nice collection! You’re my age and started listening to blink at same exact time lol. I guess 35/36 is probably a huge demographic of blink fans currently lol. I remember having that Rolling Stone magazine and putting the cover page on my bedroom door lol. I also had the hoody version of your blue t-shirt. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards! Nice collection - the amount of teen girl magazines they were in those days was quite hilarious.

personally I don’t care for the Skiba records but lots of fans dig them so you may like them, worth giving them a go!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Welcome and nice collection! You’re my age and started listening to blink at same exact time lol. I guess 35/36 is probably a huge demographic of blink fans currently lol. I remember having that Rolling Stone magazine and putting the cover page on my bedroom door lol. I also had the hoody version of your blue t-shirt. 

Thanks! Omg, excellent. Yes, we were irrevocably changed in the year 1999. I got Enema from one of those "buy 20 cd's for like 10 cents" scammy deals they used to offer in magazines haha. 

Both California and Nine are quality additions to the blink catalog. No reason at all to skip them. They might not be your favorites, but there is nothing inherently "anti-blink" about them. Unless you're a raging tombot or something lol, invest!

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I remember getting a ton of cds and never paying anything. Did you pay?

I don't think I ever even tried to order because my parents wouldn't let me. I assumed it was a scam of some kind, but maybe there was a way to get the free/cheap stuff without buying the regularly priced stuff.

Those are awesome!  The magazines really give off some good nostalgia. 

I would definitely check out Neighborhoods.  It's nothing like the prime days of blink, style wise, but it's pretty well received on these boards.  If you loved the early/prime blink stuff, you may like California on, but I personally hate it with every bone in my body.  Too cheap for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I would definitely check out Neighborhoods.  It's nothing like the prime days of blink, style wise, but it's pretty well received on these boards.

I'm pretty sure it's just the Skiba albums that she hasn't listened to.