What is your favourite Box Car Racer Song?

The_Atheist

What is your favourite Box Car Racer Song?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Box Car Racer Song?

• I Feel So
    • All Systems Go
    • Watch The World
    • Tiny Voices
    • Cat Like Thief
    • And I
    • Letters To God
    • My First Punk Song
    • Sorrow
    • There Is
    • The End With You
    • Elevator
    • Instrumental

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, well, this could be very hard if I didn't think so highly of I Feel So (it has stood the test of time, IMO). There Is was a recent favorite for awhile, but now that I've listened to the whole album a bit more, I was trying to look past those two tracks. Well, the thing is, I feel like there are some SUPER AMAZING moments in this album, but that's the issue with trying to pick out songs. Frankly, I am not sure that many of the songs in full are actually "super amazing", except for I Feel So and to a lesser degree There Is...and, ok, Letter to God is pretty fantastic, but there's just something about that one that bugs me. I like the military drums a lot in songs in general, so that's a point for Letters, but I think I like Watch the World better, but I actually preferred the acoustic version (demo or trial run) better.

Well, this is already long enough review of the album, but one final thought. Definitely get a strong preview of what's to come in Untitled, particularly to Obvious, and then a bit to Easy Target (think it was in The End With You) and to All of This (Cat Like Thief), as well as a nod to previous Blink songs, like Aliens Exist (I think it was) and something from TOYPAJ (maybe like Please Take Me Home?). So, that's pretty cool! :D

So, as cliche as it might be to choose a hit single, I chose I Feel So. 

dang it! I'd be remiss if I didn't say these last 2 things-the Punk Song, omg hilarious and super fun...but a bit childish lyrically. And Elevator-has so much promise!! but I feel like they cut out the body of what could have been a GREAT song! So, that was disappointing. 😕 

Edited by Tombomb

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cat Like Thief is so underrated. I love how atmospheric Travis Barker's grooves can be when played alone, and it sets the pace for the rest of the song. Also, Tim Armstrong's vocals are so good for the song. From parts that make no sense ("One by one, two by two") to parts that are so excellent for this song ("Look, I fell down again but I can't complain, another false step could drive me insane").

On 11/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, Alf said:

Very hard, but I chose Letters to God- interesting how people seem to really like that one as well. :)

Other choices would be Watch the World, Tiny Voices, and Instrumental.

Letters To God is such a thick meaningful song. Most of it is its chorus but it's well written and its instrumentals are top notch.

• 4 weeks later...

Tier A:

I Feel So

All Systems Go

Watch The World

Tiny Voices

Cat Like Thief

The End With You

Tier A-:

Terrified

And I

Letters To God

Sorrow

Elevator

The End With You

Tier B:

My First Punk Song

There Is

Instrumental

There really isn't a bad song on the album.  +44 is still better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 4:20 PM, Jan Backing Track said:

Tier A:

I Feel So

All Systems Go

Watch The World

Tiny Voices

Cat Like Thief

The End With You

Tier A-:

Terrified

And I

Letters To God

Sorrow

Elevator

The End With You

Tier B:

My First Punk Song

There Is

Instrumental

There really isn't a bad song on the album.  +44 is still better.

Terrified isn’t a Boxcar Racer song. 

• Love 1