If blink had called it quits in 2015 instead of hiring Skiba…

Hit me up Jans ex

11 hours ago, Speedo said:

Blink has become an odd band for me. Every time I put them on, or I hear them on the radio, I always enjoy the hell out of listening. I never really have the urge to revisit their discography anymore and I haven’t for a few years now. The love of their music never goes away but the need for it does. I don’t know if it’s just getting older or what but I don’t have the same relationship with the band these days.

I have a few bands like that, the songs already just live in my head at this point so I don't feel the "need" to put them on very often.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I would sing Ben Wah Balls all of the time around 5th/6th grade. One day my dad heard me and scolded me and told me to never sing that in public again, I had absolutely no idea at the time what they were lmao.

That song also has the worst/best riff ever in it, just pure mastery of the joke song.

Haha that reminded me of this stand-up bit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Rickay said:

I can’t believe Sports is 10 years old

I was shocked to find this out as well when looking at it yesterday. Thought it came out much closer to California than Neighborhoods.

Great album. Definitely did the genre right and way better than All Time Low imo.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:54 AM, I_Dont_Hate_Chesire said:

Been a while.  

Get What I Need, Tijuana Sunrise, Am I Deaf, Million Miles, Who's Laughing Now, Don't Let Me Go, Knife Away, See You Around 

Love both The Knife and Never Look Back. 

But man, get what i need is so good. First time I heard it, at the first listen through of the album, as the chorus hit, I knew i was gonna love the album - and i did!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Love both The Knife and Never Look Back. 

But man, get what i need is so good. First time I heard it, at the first listen through of the album, as the chorus hit, I knew i was gonna love the album - and i did!

Yea , Never Look Back is alright but seems really cheesy to me. Cannonball would be a great song if not for the lame lyrics 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:58 AM, Speedo said:

Blink has become an odd band for me. Every time I put them on, or I hear them on the radio, I always enjoy the hell out of listening. I never really have the urge to revisit their discography anymore and I haven’t for a few years now. The love of their music never goes away but the need for it does. I don’t know if it’s just getting older or what but I don’t have the same relationship with the band these days.

Same pal, I tell you what though there’s nothing better than a Blink binge. One you start you can’t stop. They’re like crack 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

Same pal, I tell you what though there’s nothing better than a Blink binge. One you start you can’t stop. They’re like crack 

Mate. I listened from Cheshire through to TOYPAJ just the other day. So good.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’ll second the notion that I don’t go back to their music much at all anymore, but when I do I go deep down the rabbit hole and end up listening to multiple albums all the way through.  

im much more excited to hear new music and explore Spotify for new bands these days.  Spotify is just the best thing.

• 2 weeks later...

people with a reasonable outview on music will agree that the california album was overall prety good

and so it made it worth it that matt joined

now it has clearly ran its course, and they r releasing more and more filler/forced/unmemorable stuff

that no one will care about 2 look back 2 in a few years from now

blink is kept alive cuz its such a huge n important band but not cuz its capable of delivrying great stuff still

lol hadnt heard that one yet, ah good one better than most reg songs they have