If blink had called it quits in 2015 instead of hiring Skiba…

Hit me up Jans ex

do you think that Tom would have officially joined again by now? Whether you think that was pre-Mark getting cancer and they were already back together playing shows by 2020, or if it’s something they confirmed recently after Mark’s cancer ala them announcing they’re about to Frankenstein another album together ala Neighborhoods.  If Mark and Travis had just decided to say fuck it throw in the towel in 2015 instead of Skiba joining, what do you think the status of blink-182 would be at this moment?

Honestly? I think Mark would have started a different project and Travis would’ve done even more of what he’s doing now. Tom would keep Tomming. Blink would still be done.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

No, Tom is a major head case about blink and would only join for monetary reasons or possibly Mark's cancer scare and half ass it.

To expect otherwise at this point is cray.

Hence that being exactly one of the scenarios I suggested.

5 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Yeah, I still don't see it though. Travis' crash was fresh enough off the first breakup, and that reunion, while Neighborhoods was the shit, proved to be an awkward and failing idea.

Yea who knows, I also agree the most likely scenario is that there would be nothing. I was just thinking that it would be easier for him to jump back in without Skiba being present already. And if he ever does continue, it will still be interesting to watch them pretend like the Skiba era never existed lol. You know damn well Tom ain’t playin no Skiba era blink songs 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Fuck knows, blink should have ended in 2004. Untitled was the perfect record. Cheshire, Dude, Enema, Toypaj and Enema is a seriously strong run of albums, fucking exceptional tbh but no no we have Neighbourhoods, DED, California and Nine added onto that and it fucks me off. None of those albums after 04 are worthy of the band we love. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Fuck knows, blink should have ended in 2004. Untitled was the perfect record. Cheshire, Dude, Enema, Toypaj and Enema is a seriously strong run of albums, fucking exceptional tbh but no no we have Neighbourhoods, DED, California and Nine added onto that and it fucks me off. None of those albums after 04 are worthy of the band we love. 

Neighborhoods is off, out of their prime, but I'll take it. California is a stain and don't forget California Deluxe is a full album of its own and Nine is just as garbo. That's ~3 albums of utter disgrace. Enema, TOYPAJ, Untitled is 3 albums.  That's sad.

If +44 and Boxcar didn't exist, this would be even more awkward.

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

I was so stoked for the upcoming album following up to DED. Truly think it would have been an amazing record

1 hour ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Neighborhoods is off, out of their prime, but I'll take it. California is a stain and don't forget California Deluxe is a full album of its own and Nine is just as garbo. That's ~3 albums of utter disgrace. Enema, TOYPAJ, Untitled is 3 albums.  That's sad.

Trashes California and Nine but praises and worships an MGK album. Boy you are confused.

• Wow 1

10 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Trashes California and Nine but praises and worships an MGK album. Boy you are confused.

MGK isn't blink.  Tickets was better than California/Deluxe/Nine sorry, I'm not too happy about it either. I don't get what's so hard to get? Do you not like any other albums besides blink?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

MGK isn't blink.  Tickets was better than California/Deluxe/Nine sorry, I'm not too happy about it either. I don't get what's so hard to get? Do you not like any other albums besides blink?

Lol whatever you say

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Lol whatever you say

• Wow 1

14 hours ago, Speedo said:

Jan is about to come back with “what I meant to say is I really like sports”.

I do like the 2012 album Sports by Modern Baseball and find it also better than California/Deluxe/Nine.  Funny enough, through yours and Diddy's terrible rebuttals, you listed probably one of the few pop punk albums albums I have liked since 2010 and would put it not too far behind Tickets or tied with.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Ignoring all of the edgelord opinions, why do you leave off Dude Ranch....?

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Ignoring all of the edgelord opinions, why do you leave off Dude Ranch....?

I was just picking 3 albums in their prime is any many albums as that to put it in perspective.  Dude Ranch is my personal favorite but always view it as their early masterpiece album.

5 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Tbf Cheshire Cat should largely be forgotten about.  

Scoobs I'm sorry, but out of all of the awful opinions posted on this forum, including my own....this has to be the absolute worst I've ever seen.

• Like 3
  • Love 1