If blink had called it quits in 2015 instead of hiring Skiba…

Hit me up Jans ex

7 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

So, then I’ll use your same defense against you for your take on Cali and Nine. You’re taking them too seriously! How can you argue against those albums because of their ages, but at the same time defending MGK not even playing on his own records. Like I said, you’re a very confused individual that constantly makes conflicting statement with your own self. Even if he did write and record the songs himself (he didn’t)…the music still sucks. I prefer to listen to music that was made for the music…not to appeal to a certain group of people…he changed his look to change his sound, it’s generic , copy cat talentless bullshit. Go ahead and convince yourself otherwise while at the same time you slam albums that are better 

If the music still sucks regardless why are you wanting your time talking about him non stop? Step outside.

2 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Dawg, he is.  You are spouting nonsense right now because of your very weird blind hatred. Do a shred of research and you can actually watch him record guitar for some of the songs in the studio.

You can also watch him play his songs live.  He can play the guitar, I know that must bs shocking to you as a Tom DeLonge fan lol

He can play guitar, absolutely. I don’t care much for his music but I have no doubt he actually recorded and plays it live, he isn’t devoid of talent.

• Like 2

Just now, Speedo said:

He can play guitar, absolutely. I don’t care much for his music but I have no doubt he actually recorded and plays it live, he isn’t devoid of talent.

That’s debatable. I know he has talent. He can play drums. But he didn’t record most of the parts on his album and I’ll just let Steve Terreberry assess the live guitar playing for me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

He's definitely 'good enough' for pop punk genre.  Most high school guitarists are.  Diddy needs to chill.

15 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Dawg he ain’t playing the music on his records, that’s just a fact. The sooner you accept and realize this, maybe the sooner you’ll start listening to better music. And again, I’m not hating on him. I’m hating on the notion that he did something ground breaking, or reviving, he didn’t. The notion that Cali/Nine sucks but MGK’s record is amazing is just a silly shit take lol

I see no reason why he can’t or doesn’t record his own guitar tracking. None of it is particularly technical or challenging. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

If the music still sucks regardless why are you wanting your time talking about him non stop? Step outside.

Aw so you realize your debate and reasoning for discrediting Cali and Nine can’t be used while at the same time sticking up for the cringe fest that is MGK? Good, glad to see it. 

• Wow 1

Just now, FAPLORD said:

That’s debatable. I know he has talent. He can play drums. But he didn’t record most of the parts on his album and I’ll just let Steve Terreberry assess the live guitar playing for me 

Nobody cares though.  We're all pretty aware he can play decent enough but the music not focused much on guitar anyways to analyze it this much.

Just now, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

He's definitely 'good enough' for pop punk genre.  Most high school guitarists are.  Diddy needs to chill.

He’s probably better than I am. I don’t like the songs themselves but I don’t think he’s a hack.

4 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Steve Terreberry is a fucking annoying weirdo. Don’t post his video. If it’s about the kill switch, then the claim is wrong about the direction of the kill switch in the guitar. Down engages the pickup, up shuts it off.

• Like 1

He’s probably better than I am. I don’t like the songs themselves but I don’t think he’s a hack.

Don’t do yourself that disservice lol. My whole point is that it is silly to say MGK made an amazing record, ignoring literally everything about MGK including his age and tailored image…while at the same time knocking Cali and Nine. It’s choosing to ignore the same things about MGK that are being used to knock on blink. That’s why I said Jan is confused, but we already knew that 

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

Some of you have never looked at the album credits for his albums and it shows. The amount of songwriters and studio musicians make NINE appear to have been written and recorded by 3 people. 

Why would I? I don’t listen to him.

Just now, Speedo said:

Steve Terreberry is a fucking annoying weirdo. Don’t post his video. If it’s about the kill switch, then the claim is wrong about the direction of the kill switch in the guitar. Down engages the pickup, up shuts it off.

It’s not about the kill switch, it’s about his playing.

• Wow 1

Just now, Speedo said:

Why would I? I don’t listen to him.

Well if you’re making statements that he recorded on his record, maybe you should fact check it? And by you I’m talking about other people on this thread, not yourself specifically. A two second video of him playing guitar in the studio doesn’t prove shit, I’ll trust what the legal album credits say 

• Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Nobody cares though.  We're all pretty aware he can play decent enough but the music not focused much on guitar anyways to analyze it this much.

Ok, so you don’t care about him writing the music, or playing it. So you just enjoy the image of a 31 year old pedophile wearing pink and making music for middle schoolers? Cool bro, don’t act like you’re above Cali and Nine then 

• Wow 1

Just now, FAPLORD said:

It’s not about the kill switch, it’s about his playing.

He’s a performer, he isn’t going to play the same way a band’s guitarist is going to play. That doesn’t mean he can’t or didn’t track guitars. Even if he didn’t track all the guitars, that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve recorded shit where I didn’t track every single guitar bit. That doesn’t make me less the guitarist or songwriter. I was either having an off day or wasn’t getting the sound I was going for whether that be equipment or technical skill. That’s the point of the studio, to produce the best sound available for the song. Why wouldn’t you use the tools available? Look, I’m with you, other music sucks but this isn’t the hill you should die on.

He’s a performer, he isn’t going to play the same way a band’s guitarist is going to play. That doesn’t mean he can’t or didn’t track guitars. Even if he didn’t track all the guitars, that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve recorded shit where I didn’t track every single guitar bit. That doesn’t make me less the guitarist or songwriter. I was either having an off day or wasn’t getting the sound I was going for whether that be equipment or technical skill. That’s the point of the studio, to produce the best sound available for the song. Why wouldn’t you use the tools available? Look, I’m with you, other music sucks but this isn’t the hill you should die on.

He has credit for guitar on 5 songs, that’s it. And other guitarists have credit on those same songs and obviously the other ones too. I’m just sick of people giving him more credit than he deserves, I’m not hating on MGK himself. Imagine if Skiba only played guitar on 5 songs from an album and what these same MGK praising people would be saying to crucify him. 

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Well if you’re making statements that he recorded on his record, maybe you should fact check it? And by you I’m talking about other people on this thread, not yourself specifically. A two second video of him playing guitar in the studio doesn’t prove shit, I’ll trust what the legal album credits say 

I’m not making statements, just observations … if the guy can play multiple instruments, including guitar, why wouldn’t he track guitar in studio? It’s just an odd stance for you to take.