If blink had called it quits in 2015 instead of hiring Skiba…

Hit me up Jans ex

5 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I feel like this isn't even an argument.  Chesire Cat sold 60,000 copies.  Dude Ranch sold over 1M, Enema sold over 15M. 

There's nothing wrong with loving it, I like the album, quite a bit, it's just factual that it's pretty obscure to only being an album bigger blink fans know and enjoy and I am not sure why that causes such an outrage on here.  Talk to your therapist about it.

So commercial success and public recognition makes an album better and more deserving of being loved in your eyes? So then surely in your eyes the Grammy nominated album California must be one of the best blink albums, right?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

So commercial success and public recognition makes an album better and more deserving of being loved in your eyes? So then surely in your eyes the Grammy nominated album California must be one of the best blink albums, right?

Yup and no way would tickets to my downfall compete with EOTS or Dookie as I saw someone else try to mention earlier. This is just another example of Jan’s blatant hypocrisy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I didn't say it's more deserving of being loved or not.  That's entirely up to the listener.  All I have ever even stated on it is that it's more obscure of an album to the general fan, and especially casual fans of blink, compared to Dude Ranch - Untitled.  Numbers do paint that picture more than not.  There was also no streaming back then, hardly even on Napster.  Most people don't know about Chesire other than it was a super early blink album.  Get out of the feels, I'm not debating whether people on here love it or not.  I very much like it too, not to your extent, but it's a cool album along.  Everything blink up until parts of Neighborhoods is cool to me.

7 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Yup and no way would tickets to my downfall compete with EOTS or Dookie as I saw someone else try to mention earlier. This is just another example of Jan’s blatant hypocrisy 

I never compared Tickets to EOTS or Dookie, as it's nowhere close to those albums.  I only compared it to California, Nine, and the rest of the generic crap out there in the Cali-era days.

You guys have to remember, Blink pioneered the 2000s pop punk genre.  To have them be putting out generic crap that sounds like their imposters these days, is a pretty big fall off.  

1 minute ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I never compared Tickets to EOTS or Dookie, as it's nowhere close to those albums.  I only compared it to California, Nine, and the rest of the generic crap out there in the Cali-era days.

You guys have to remember, Blink pioneered the 2000s pop punk genre.  To have them be putting out generic crap that sounds like their imposters these days, is a pretty big fall off.  

So you’re judging it based on your expectation of blink, not the music. Just like you’re judging MGK not on the quality of music, but because you think he’s cool and he pops up on your Facebook newsfeed…so you assume he’s reviving something. Lol. If blink released tickets you would proclaim it is much worse than you do for Cali and Nine. I’d bet my left testicle on this theory 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

So you’re judging it based on your expectation of blink, not the music. Just like you’re judging MGK not on the quality of music, but because you think he’s cool and he pops up on your Facebook newsfeed…so you assume he’s reviving something. Lol. If blink released tickets you would proclaim it is much worse than you do for Cali and Nine. I’d bet my left testicle on this theory 

1. I don't know why I'm responding to you.

2. You are projecting.  Hard dude.  This is essentially tickets to Diddy's downfall every time.  Learn to not project so much like all you Detroit fuckers do.  This will help you in the long run, but start now.  This also will prevent chances of getting cucked by MGK again.

3. I don't read facebook newsfeed, or any pop culture news feed for that matter.  Most of us on here are in our 30s and probably don't even use Facebook.  Stop using this.  

4. Blink pioneered the genre (late 90s/early 2000s sound for those ready to castrate me), of course their expectations are going to be higher than friggin Machine Gun Kelly.  It's also why MGK's follow up has been shit (it's basically the low of Tickets).  They still have Mark and Travis (who made +44) and added Matt Skiba.  

5. Even without the expectations, give me Tickets to My Downfall over Cali-Nine.  It's a better album start to finish and has better highs. 

6. To give you an honest take, which you don't even deserve, if I put it in that perspective, and blink recorded Tickets, I'd probably put it in the category of NINE but more cohesive and no Blame it On My Youth or Cant Get You More Pregnant cringe. 

For the last time, Blink is not MGK.  Blink talking about their emotional downfall as family men in their 40s/50 would be cringe also.  Just like the Kings of the Weekends shit they made.  Blink could have gone 1,000 different directions with their new lineup that made better sense than Deluxe/Nine.  Some songs were solid.  Most of it is garbage.  They are simply just better than what they made.  MGK is not better than Tickets to my Downfall barring a miracle growth as an artist.

3 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

1. I don't know why I'm responding to you.

2. You are projecting.  Hard dude.  This is essentially tickets to Diddy's downfall every time.  Learn to not project so much like all you Detroit fuckers do.  This will help you in the long run, but start now.  This also will prevent chances of getting cucked by MGK again.

3. I don't read facebook newsfeed, or any pop culture news feed for that matter.  Most of us on here are in our 30s and probably don't even use Facebook.  Stop using this.  

4. Blink pioneered the genre (late 90s/early 2000s sound for those ready to castrate me), of course their expectations are going to be higher than friggin Machine Gun Kelly.  They still have Mark and Travis and added Matt Skiba.

5. Even without the expectations, give me Tickets to My Downfall over Cali-Nine.  It's a better album start to finish and has better highs. 

6. To give you an honest take, which you don't even deserve, if I put it in that perspective, and blink recorded Tickets, I'd probably put it in the category of NINE but more cohesive and no Blame it On My Youth or Cant Get You More Pregnant cringe. 

For the last time, Blink is not MGK.  Blink talking about their emotional downfall as family men in their 40s/50 would be cringe also.  Just like the Kings of the Weekends shit they made.  Blink could have gone 1,000 different directions with their new lineup that made better sense than Deluxe/Nine.  Some songs were solid.  Most of it is garbage.  They are simply just better than what they made.  MGK is not better than Tickets to my Downfall barring a miracle growth as an artist.

I’m not projecting at all. You conflict yourself numerous times and a lot of other people see that. To act like tickets is of a higher substance than Cali or Nine is one of the dumbest things you could ever possibly say…the only argument you’ve been able to muster up has been BESIDES THE MUSIC..aka bringing up blink’s age. You’re not in it for the music, it’s okay. Go put your dog collar on and jack off to your MGK poster 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

Sorry lol 

I wasn't talking about you, Diddy, I actually agree with everything you say about him. I just thought that MGK was something that happened in 2020 and that's where he should stay.
His music did nothing to pop punk as we know it because he has never given anything back to the music scene, he has never taken small bands on tour, he acts like he grew up on it but everyone he knows says otherwise and the time to proclaim that he's a gatekeeper or changed pop punk is over. The trend of solo artists pumping out pop punk jams is terrible.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I wasn't talking about you, Diddy, I actually agree with everything you say about him. I just thought that MGK was something that happened in 2020 and that where he should stay.
His music did nothing to pop punk as we know it because he has never given anything back to the music scene, he has never taken small bands on tour, he acts like he grew up on it but everyone he knows says otherwise and the time to proclaim that he's a gatekeeper or changed pop punk is over. The trend of solo artists pumping out pop punk jams is terrible.

Exactly! How’s he reviving anything? Who is he putting on? He’s just gonna go jump to whatever else he thinks is cool next. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m not projecting at all. You conflict yourself numerous times and a lot of other people see that. To act like tickets is of a higher substance than Cali or Nine is one of the dumbest things you could ever possibly say…the only argument you’ve been able to muster up has been BESIDES THE MUSIC..aka bringing up blink’s age. You’re not in it for the music, it’s okay. Go put your dog collar on and jack off to your MGK poster 

The music is better.  Not that hard to accept.  The Knife and Tickets are two albums in the blink-ish camp that I find a step above Cali & Nine.  Accept my take and move on.  The only reason anyone responds is because you're projecting your insecurities about MGK for everyone to see.  No one's asking you to like the music.  I don't know how you want me to provide proof that I find the music better on Tickets than blink's recent releases either?  Taste is subjective.

3 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

The music is better.  Not that hard to accept.  The Knife and Tickets are two albums in the blink-ish camp that I find a step above Cali & Nine.  Accept my take and move on.  The only reason anyone responds is because you're projecting your insecurities about MGK for everyone to see.  No one's asking you to like the music.  I don't know how you want me to provide proof that I find the music better on Tickets than blink's recent releases either?  Taste is subjective.

I have no insecurity towards MGK. I’m happy that another human has found success. I’ve admitted he’s talented at multiple things. What I speak up against is the delusion that his album was groundbreaking or great…or pointing out the major hypocrisy of saying Cali is trash but yet his album is good? Na son,  no it’s not. That being said, you just gave The Knife some respect so I’m gonna drop this. People are gonna enjoy what they enjoy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Still, a 30 year old making videos for a high school musical? Especially a 30 year old who has made sexual comments about underage girls? That’s disgusting and lame as fuck. Again, MGK doesn’t even play guitar on his own records, it’s all for the look. He’s as much a fraudulent “rocker” as he is a rapper. Oh well, the GOAT from my home state and former city already destroyed this idiot, and so did Corey Taylor. You guys can have fun listening to your kiddie music, but I’d be embarrassed AF 

Why did you say that he doesn't play guitar on any of his albums when he clearly does?

Some of you have never looked at the album credits for his albums and it shows. The amount of songwriters and studio musicians make NINE appear to have been written and recorded by 3 people. 

This album is the work of a solo artist, not a band. There must be studio musicians. How would he record the album if not? And the reason why there are so many is probably that different people play different songs. There's nothing odd or unusual about this on a solo recording.

He has credit for guitar on 5 songs, that’s it. And other guitarists have credit on those same songs and obviously the other ones too. I’m just sick of people giving him more credit than he deserves, I’m not hating on MGK himself. Imagine if Skiba only played guitar on 5 songs from an album and what these same MGK praising people would be saying to crucify him. 

Why did you say he plays nothing at all? Nobody has made him out to be a guitar virtuoso, but he obviously can play what's required for his songs. Further knowledge of his instrument is not required.

Because the album credits show he only played guitar on 5 songs. That’s less than half of the album. There are like 5 other guitar players on the record, so yes, the majority of the guitars are not him. If he was so good at guitar, why would they pay other people to track them? Even Tom DeLonge wrote and tracked his own parts. 

Kelly is one of four people credited with playing guitar on the song according to Allmusic. Nevertheless, it's irrelevant. The fact that Kelly is not playing on every single song is more of a testament to his lack of ego than anything else. It shows that he's professional and cares more about the final product. 

51 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

If only they had maxed Tom out on playing guitar on 5 songs, had 25 other writers, and an additional 5-7 bassists and guitarists performing all the music, while marketing Tom as the only guitarist…maybe, just maybe, it would have lived up to Tickets to My Downfall

Again, this was made by a solo artist. It's not odd at all to have 5-7 bassists, 35 guitarists, 52 drummers, and/or different producers on such a record since it was probably recorded in different studios, at different times, with different personnel.

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Why did you say that he doesn't play guitar on any of his albums when he clearly does?

This album is the work of a solo artist, not a band. There must be studio musicians. How would he record the album if not? And the reason why there are so many is probably that different people play different songs. There's nothing odd or unusual about this on a solo recording.

Why did you say he plays nothing at all? Nobody has made him out to be a guitar virtuoso, but he obviously can play what's required for his songs. Further knowledge of his instrument is not required.

Kelly is one of four people credited with playing guitar on the song according to Allmusic. Nevertheless, it's irrelevant. The fact that Kelly is not playing on every single song is more of a testament to his lack of ego than anything else. It shows that he's professional and cares more about the final product. 

Again, this was made by a solo artist. It's not odd at all to have 5-7 bassists, 35 guitarists, 52 drummers, and/or different producers on such a record since it was probably recorded in different studios, at different times, with different personnel.

I’m not going to sort through all of this. He played guitar on less than half the songs, go look up the official album credits. If I’m allowed to round down then, he didn’t play on the album. Big whoopity do! He played two chords on less than half the songs on his album. Funny how it’s marketed as him being an official guitarist though, that’s my problem. He should have all the other musicians pictured with guitars on his album too..oh wait that’s just something real musicians do,  not posers like MGK 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

wereback-jimmyfallon.gif

*copied and pasted from my facebook feed*

We gotta get someone else to talk about. MGK is completely irrelevant in my life. Only time I ever see him brought up are on stupid FB posts pushing mainstream artists and on this site. Sick of seeing him be a major poser, and yes he literally is a poser..FASHION….not PASSION… if that’s what you prefer, then MGK is the right “artist” for you

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m not going to sort through all of this. He played guitar on less than half the songs, go look up the official album credits. If I’m allowed to round down then, he didn’t play on the album. Big whoopity do! He played two chords on less than half the songs on his album. Funny how it’s marketed as him being an official guitarist though, that’s my problem. He should have all the other musicians pictured with guitars on his album too..oh wait that’s just something real musicians do,  not posers like MGK 

No one cares dude.  No, not every solo musician puts all the studio assistants they had on their album cover's art or in magazine ads.  Show us where you've seen this.  Of course they are going to market MGK dude.  Your hate runs deep.