Perfect Setlist for a Greatest Hits Tour

boxelder

the hype over tom's potential return the other day, certainly happening sooner than later, has given me some thoughts about a reunion tour setlist. a lot has changed between 2009 and now, so while this might seem asinine to some, given the many years of discussions about it, it's been a while and there's (some) new members of the forum so it's worth it.

so what's your ideal blink setlist? i'm more than fine with the band playing greatest hits setlists for the rest of the time they're together -- we know what we want to hear, what casuals want, etc. but there's always room for surprises.

mine:

1. feeling this
  2. rock show
  3. WMAA
  4. (any joke song)
  5. after midnight
  6. STFTK
  7. dumpweed
  8. aliens exist
  9. josie
  10. adams song
  11. first date
  12. anthem pt 2
  13. down
  14. flex position: wishing well, GATC
  15. man overboard
  16. i miss you
  17. always
  18. not now
  19. ATST

encore

1. carousel
  2. dammit
  3. family reunion
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, boxelder said:

the hype over tom's potential return the other day, certainly happening sooner than later, has given me some thoughts about a reunion tour setlist. a lot has changed between 2009 and now, so while this might seem asinine to some, given the many years of discussions about it, it's been a while and there's (some) new members of the forum so it's worth it.

so what's your ideal blink setlist? i'm more than fine with the band playing greatest hits setlists for the rest of the time they're together -- we know what we want to hear, what casuals want, etc. but there's always room for surprises.

mine:

1. feeling this
  2. rock show
  3. WMAA
  4. (any joke song)
  5. after midnight
  6. STFTK
  7. dumpweed
  8. aliens exist
  9. josie
  10. adams song
  11. first date
  12. anthem pt 2
  13. down
  14. flex position: wishing well, GATC
  15. man overboard
  16. i miss you
  17. always
  18. not now
  19. ATST

encore

1. carousel
  2. dammit
  3. family reunion

GATC or aliens exist

flex song

Isn’t this pretty much exactly what they already do?

• Like 4

I just want them to play longer. That way they can keep playing all their greatest hits because they clearly have no intention of ever stopping that, but they'd also have time to play a bunch of other stuff.

alternatively, ditching the backing tracks and playing songs fast again could make room for other songs too.

• Like 2

Yeah even if they just did their normal greatest hits setlist + ONE deep cut from each of the "classic" albums, the setlist would be so much cooler. Even with Skiba.

Imagine a setlist that was the usual greatest hits, but with:

• Pathetic
  • Wendy Clear
  • Every Time I Look For You
  • Go

That only adds like 15 mins to the set, and I don't think fans would be picky about anything they chose in those slots, they'd be ecstatic to hear anything like that!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I just want them to play longer. That way they can keep playing all their greatest hits because they clearly have no intention of ever stopping that, but they'd also have time to play a bunch of other stuff.

alternatively, ditching the backing tracks and playing songs fast again could make room for other songs too.

This is utterly implausible but other artists seem to stretch their set by having different members leaving the stage at various points for essentially a break 

So if all four were involved, and there were brief arrangement shuffles so it is bookended by classic blink but has a variety of their other projects thrown in the middle it would be one hell of an epic show

2 hours ago, m0z182 said:

This is utterly implausible but other artists seem to stretch their set by having different members leaving the stage at various points for essentially a break 

So if all four were involved, and there were brief arrangement shuffles so it is bookended by classic blink but has a variety of their other projects thrown in the middle it would be one hell of an epic show

It’s not implausible, lol. Plenty bands play for 2-3 hours no problem 

• Like 2

can concede my list is a little similar to what they've always played, but i don't mind it. hard agree on playing slightly longer though. there's dozens of popular album cuts (aliens exist, GATC, pathetic) that could benefit from being included

6 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Appreciate you tossing AM in there to try and mix it up but they’d literally never play that.  No song from neighborhoods makes sense on a Greatest Hits tour, let’s be honest.  Bored to Death should be on there, but I doubt Tom would play it.

Well he’s not in the band so you don’t have to worry about that ;)

• Like 1

1. Feeling This

2. WWMA?

3. Aliens Exist

4. The Rock Show

5. All The Small Things (just get it out of the way)

6. Apple Shampoo

7. I miss you

8. Wishing Well

9. Down

10. Wasting Time

11. Rollercoaster

12. Every Time I look for you

13. Not Now

14. Pathetic 

15. Reckless Abandon 

16. Adams Song

17. First Date

18. Stay Together For The Kids 

19. Asthenia 

20. What Went Wrong 

ENCORE:

21. drum solo 

22. m+m’s

23. Carousel 

24. Dammit 

tried my best to make this realistic as possible  

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 5:46 PM, Johnny Fappleseed said:

It’s not implausible, lol. Plenty bands play for 2-3 hours no problem 

That's not the implausible bit, it's getting Mark to agree to an AVA set etc etc. 

It would be a dream night for some!

On 8/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, Champ182 said:

Yeah even if they just did their normal greatest hits setlist + ONE deep cut from each of the "classic" albums, the setlist would be so much cooler. Even with Skiba.

Imagine a setlist that was the usual greatest hits, but with:

• Pathetic
  • Wendy Clear
  • Every Time I Look For You
  • Go

That only adds like 15 mins to the set, and I don't think fans would be picky about anything they chose in those slots, they'd be ecstatic to hear anything like that!

This is pretty much all I’ve ever hoped for and it would take such a small amount of extra effort.

• Like 2

I’ll give this a go. The slots with “or” means they rotate this song throughout the tour.

1. Dumpweed

2. Feeling This

3. WMAA

4. The Rock Show

5. GATC or Mutt

6. Wishing Well

7. I Miss You

8. Pathetic

9. Every Time I Look For You

10. First Date

11. Down

12. Roller Coaster or Online Songs

13. STFTK

14. Always

15. Not Now

16. Man Overboard

17. Wasting Time or M+M’s

18. Adam’s Song

19. Ghost on the Dance Floor

20. Reckless Abandon or Anthem Part 2

21. Josie

22. All The Small Things

Encore

23. What Went Wrong

24. Carousel

25. Dammit

26. Family Reunion

This setlist can be done in an hour and 45 min and would please both the casuals and the fans hoping for some deeper cuts and older tracks.

All of California and Nine! 

M+ms

Josie

Aliens Exist

First Date or the Rock Show

Whats My Age Again? 

Man Overboard 

Adam's Song 

Wendy Clear

I Miss You 

Mutt

Everytime I Look for You

Post reunion medley: After Midnight, Up All Night, Wishing Well, Bored to Death, Darkside 

All the Small Things 

Encore:

Carousel 

Surprise deep cut

Dammit