Perfect Setlist for a Greatest Hits Tour

boxelder

• 2 months later...

Not too fussed over the order of songs, and I don’t expect this to happen, but I would love:

Feeling this

Dumpweed

Anthem Part II

Edging

Rock Show w/ extended solo (Camden)

Always

I Miss You

Going Away to College

Wasting Time

After Midnight (new bridge + lyrics added)

Stay Together for the Kids (I wouldn’t include it, especially with Tom’s divorce, but it’s a fan favourite).

Wishing Well

New Song

Kaleidoscope (new bridge/lyrics thrown in)

Aliens Exist (you have to add it now) 

Give Me One Good Reason

Adam’s Song

Not Now 

Even if She Falls

Man Overboard (LOL)

Down (Reading outro)

What’s My Age Again? 

-

Carousel (Cheshire extended intro)

Joke song

ATST

Damnit 

I wanted to add Josie as well, but I don’t know how well the band could still play that song. If Cali/Nine songs get played, throw in Ransom, Bored to Death, and San Diego.

I also wanted to add a track off DED but none of them seem strong enough/known enough to pull off. I’d do Disaster or When I Was Young, though. 

I wish they’d play longer. 120 minutes isn’t too much to ask or expect. Especially when they haven’t toured lately and only see some locations very rarely. Where did this 90 minutes theory come from with Mark anyways? How does he know people get bored after 90 minutes if they never play for more than 90 minutes? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.FAPLORD said:

I wish they’d play longer. 120 minutes isn’t too much to ask or expect. Especially when they haven’t toured lately and only see some locations very rarely. Where did this 90 minutes theory come from with Mark anyways? How does he know people get bored after 90 minutes if they never play for more than 90 minutes? 🤔

they used to play 75 minute sets in 2017 and 2019, I hope they go back their 90 minute set at least 

• Like 2

extremely true. i saw death cab for cutie the other day and they played for two hours straight and everyone had a great time. sometimes i think the band is just lazy tbh

i don’t think my opinions have changed much from my initial post but perhaps i’d switch out after midnight for a flex position for neighborhoods (it or wishing well each night) and then like one more song (deep cut or new song).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

they used to play 75 minute sets in 2017 and 2019, I hope they go back their 90 minute set at least 

Yea it did seem super short the last time I saw them too. I feel like 120 minutes would be not asking them to add too much and it would make a world of difference for the real fans. They’d be able to keep the greatest hits and add 4-5 deep cuts. I know that would light up my soul as I’m sure it would for a lot of you too 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I'm hoping we get 3-4 new songs. 

Me too! I mentioned it in another thread but the one thing that has me slightly nervous is that this tour is going to be a GRIND. Biggest tour of their lives after everything they've gone through, I just hope they do things to stay fresh and engaged with the process so it doesn't start to feel like a machine all over again. Playing new songs instead of the old hits they've played thousands of times seems like it would help that a lot.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, Slave of the Week Day said:

Not too fussed over the order of songs, and I don’t expect this to happen, but I would love:

Feeling this

Dumpweed

Anthem Part II

Edging

Rock Show w/ extended solo (Camden)

Always

I Miss You

Going Away to College

Wasting Time

After Midnight (new bridge + lyrics added)

Stay Together for the Kids (I wouldn’t include it, especially with Tom’s divorce, but it’s a fan favourite).

Wishing Well

New Song

Kaleidoscope (new bridge/lyrics thrown in)

Aliens Exist (you have to add it now) 

Give Me One Good Reason

Adam’s Song

Not Now 

Even if She Falls

Man Overboard (LOL)

Down (Reading outro)

What’s My Age Again? 

-

Carousel (Cheshire extended intro)

Joke song

ATST

Damnit 

I wanted to add Josie as well, but I don’t know how well the band could still play that song. If Cali/Nine songs get played, throw in Ransom, Bored to Death, and San Diego.

I also wanted to add a track off DED but none of them seem strong enough/known enough to pull off. I’d do Disaster or When I Was Young, though. 

They love to throw Violence in at the start of the encore too, will be interesting to see how much of a departure from their last tour this one is 

• Like 1