Forgotten blink songs

M!ke

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 11:16 PM, not the worst here said:

Peak moment

I was in the crowd for that, Old Billingsgate Market in London on September 17th 2004. They played All Of This with Robert Smith too.
Was taking a piss in the urinals then some guy comes in and goes to the urinal next to me, I look up and it's Mark 😂
Also got my guitar signed by them that night
One of best nights of my life. Got in so much trouble at home for sneaking out but so worth it

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

I was in the crowd for that, Old Billingsgate Market in London on September 17th 2004. They played All Of This with Robert Smith too.
Was taking a piss in the urinals then some guy comes in and goes to the urinal next to me, I look up and it's Mark 😂
Also got my guitar signed by them that night
One of best nights of my life. Got in so much trouble at home for sneaking out but so worth it

I've watched/listened to this countless times. So cool that you were there to see it in person! My favorite cover blink has ever done by far.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've watched/listened to this countless times. So cool that you were there to see it in person! My favorite cover blink has ever done by far.

Just going through my shoebox of old Blink stuff, found this old piece of paper which I think functioned as the ticket (we had our names on a list)

Screenshot-3.jpg

And the flipside had this text on it:

Screenshot-4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Just going through my shoebox of old Blink stuff, found this old piece of paper which I think functioned as the ticket (we had our names on a list)

Screenshot-3.jpg

And the flipside had this text on it:

Screenshot-4.jpg

that's so cool. It says "congratulations on being selected." what did you have to do to get into the show?

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

that's so cool. It says "congratulations on being selected." what did you have to do to get into the show?

This will probably sound made-up but fcuk it 😂

Found out a few days beforehand about the show - no tickets were available for sale to general public, but went on Google and found out the name of the production company running the event. Got the address of their office (was somewhere in London) and skipped school  (I was only 15) one afternoon with my friend Nick to go up to their office and ask if they can put us on the list

We thought because it was an MTV Event dedicated to The Cure, that we should pretend to be really big Cure fans. So we spent the entire train journey memorising as many Cure songs/albums as we could in case the production company asked us what our favourite songs/albums were 😂

I only vaguely remember being in their office but we lied through our teeth about being huge Cure fans, I remember they took a photo of me and my friend, then wrote our names down on a list and gave us the above flyer. Honestly never ever expected it to work in a million years, when we got out the office and safely round the corner we were bouncing around screaming like idiots

If anyone remembers @Roxy from back in the day, she was there that night too, outside the venue to meet Blink. Not sure if she got into the show though

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Found out a few days beforehand about the show - no tickets were available for sale to general public, but went on Google and found out the name of the production company running the event. Got the address of their office (was somewhere in London) and skipped school  (I was only 15) one afternoon with my friend Nick to go up to their office and ask if they can put us on the list

We thought because it was an MTV Event dedicated to The Cure, that we should pretend to be really big Cure fans. So we spent the entire train journey memorising as many Cure songs/albums as we could in case the production company asked us what our favourite songs/albums were 😂

I only vaguely remember being in their office but we lied through our teeth about being huge Cure fans, I remember they took a photo of me and my friend, then wrote our names down on a list and gave us the above flyer. Honestly never ever expected it to work in a million years, when we got out the office and safely round the corner we were bouncing around screaming like idiots

If anyone remembers @Roxy from back in the day, she was there that night too, outside the venue to meet Blink. Not sure if she got into the show though

that's an amazing story haha. so cool!!

23 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Amazing haha. Was this the night you ended up in that lost documentary??

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Amazing haha. Was this the night you ended up in that lost documentary??

No, that was the Brixton Academy show on 14 December 2004
I made a massive fcuk-up then. On the day of the show they announced that the first 50 (I think) people to go to the Atticus tent inside the venue, would get a "Meet & Greet" with Mark
So my same friend Nick and I went to queue up at the venue really early, and we were in the first 50. So we all got taken backstage down a corridor towards the room where Mark was (this is where the clip from the lost documentary was filmed)
And as we were walking down the corridor, a security guy said you can take photos but absolutely no flash photography. I had one of those disposable Kodak cameras where you needed to "charge up" the flash. When we got into the room with Mark, I took a photo of him but somehow the flash went off 🙈 and the asshole security guard threw me out before I got to meet him. I was raging!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

No, that was the Brixton Academy show on 14 December 2004
I made a massive fcuk-up then. On the day of the show they announced that the first 50 (I think) people to go to the Atticus tent inside the venue, would get a "Meet & Greet" with Mark
So my same friend Nick and I went to queue up at the venue really early, and we were in the first 50. So we all got taken backstage down a corridor towards the room where Mark was (this is where the clip from the lost documentary was filmed)
And as we were walking down the corridor, a security guy said you can take photos but absolutely no flash photography. I had one of those disposable Kodak cameras where you needed to "charge up" the flash. When we got into the room with Mark, I took a photo of him but somehow the flash went off 🙈 and the asshole security guard threw me out before I got to meet him. I was raging!!

Hahaha nooooo!!!