House of the Dragon

Cheerios4u98

Thread has gone quiet. What we all thinking then? I’m really enjoying it and so is the missus, she’s never seen GOT but enjoying this. 

Should I watch GOT with her? I hate rewatching stuff but could be fun to get her reaction to the red wedding etc is it worth it? 

1 minute ago, Mr Blonde said:

Thread has gone quiet. What we all thinking then? I’m really enjoying it and so is the missus, she’s never seen GOT but enjoying this. 

Should I watch GOT with her? I hate rewatching stuff but could be fun to get her reaction to the red wedding etc is it worth it? 

I’m enjoying it still, just don’t have all that much to say about it.

49 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I’m enjoying it still, just don’t have all that much to say about it.

Same. I don't feel compelled to theorize about what's going to happen and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does mean I don't have a whole lot to say.

I actually think this is off to a better start than Game of Thrones. Don't have much to say either but I'm really enjoying it every week.

It felt like GOT tried to hook the audience more with the shock value of sex, nudity, incest, main character deaths, and just being super edgy and in your face right off the bat. House of the Dragon still has all that shit but it's more organic feeling, less forced. I rewatched episode 1 of GOT the other day and it really just felt like they were trying to prove how edgy and inappropriate the show could be to hook viewers.

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It felt like GOT tried to hook the audience more with the shock value of sex, nudity, incest, main character deaths, and just being super edgy and in your face right off the bat.

That’s how the books are, in fact it’s toned down quite a bit in the show.

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

That’s how the books are, in fact it’s toned down quite a bit in the show.

Somehow in writing it doesn’t feel as forced to me. On TV it’s like “look at us! We’re HBO! Look at all the sex we can do!!”

don’t get me wrong I love GOT but I think this series has a stronger start so far.

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Somehow in writing it doesn’t feel as forced to me. On TV it’s like “look at us! We’re HBO! Look at all the sex we can do!!”

don’t get me wrong I love GOT but I think this series has a stronger start so far.

Probably because they have a bigger budget from the get go and they don’t need to be as edgy since they’re working off a proven IP people are familiar with.

I think this week's episode was the best so far. I don't totally get why Criston flipped out when he did though.

I think the next episode will be 5+ years into the future, so it'll be interesting to see how/if they answer some of the lingering questions from this episode. Also, the king has to die soon right? He's been somewhat sick the whole time and it's kind of baffling to think he'll still be alive when they jump a few/several years into the future.

Yeah think it’s 10 years is it? Sad to see the Alicent and Rhaenyra actors get replaced. It may not work. Viserys is a hell of a mess, fucking horrendous king but a good bloke imo. The poor bastard can’t catch a break 😂 

Matt Smith and Milly Alcock have great chemistry on screen. A shame to see her go. I’m gutted tbh. 

How tense was the last 20 mins btw. I was just waiting for something to kick off

5 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

The new actors fit in seamlessly. Although it was funny how Ser Criston looked exactly the same... must be some Dorian Gray shit going on there. 😂

I didn’t think it would work but the new girls are excellent