House of the Dragon

Cheerios4u98

This show has been great so far. Loving it more than I expected to. I can’t believe they recast two of the main characters 6 episodes in and it totally worked.

With this, Rings of Power, Andor, and She-Hulk, I don’t think I’ve ever had so weekly shows that I’m enjoying at the same time haha. Also making my way through the newest season of Cobra Kai which I still say is the dumbest show that I love.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I accidentally read a huge spoiler from the book earlier today and I can't wait for what's going to happen.

I saw a spoiler from a clip of season 3 of GOT where Joffrey spoils what happens to a character. Even when he’s dead he’s fucking shit up the little cunt

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

We will continue watching this show but I’m not a huge fan of it so far. I started out really liking it but I’m mostly just bored with it now. Interested in seeing Kingmaker story evolve, seems interesting enough but getting there is a bit meh.

1 hour ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

Good show but LotR is better. It looks nicer and I like the original IP more so my opinion has been made 

I haven’t seen it but it’s been shat on massively from what I’ve seen. 

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

We will continue watching this show but I’m not a huge fan of it so far. I started out really liking it but I’m mostly just bored with it now. Interested in seeing Kingmaker story evolve, seems interesting enough but getting there is a bit meh.

I think it’s better than GOT season one imo 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

I think it’s better than GOT season one imo 

Season 1 of Game of Thrones took me 2 or 3 attempts to get passed the first 3 episodes but it was smooth sailing after that. This show is the exact opposite for me, I’m not a big fan of the time jumps and lack of exposition.

Lotr show has been shat on by Tolkien purists because it doesn’t follow the lore exactly. But they were only given about 1/2 the stuff to work with because the Tolkien estate didn’t give them the rights so what could they do?

If you can get past that and just see it as a show set in the Lotr world then it’s pretty great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

My wife is a gigantic Lord of the Rings fan and she was excited for the Amazon show but ended up hating it.

I think it’s great but maybe not being a hardcore fan helps me enjoy it more. I don’t know the lore outside of the movies and the Hobbit book so I’m not concerned with accuracy or contradictions to the source material. I’m just enjoying a new story in a world that I really like.

7 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think it’s great but maybe not being a hardcore fan helps me enjoy it more. I don’t know the lore outside of the movies and the Hobbit book so I’m not concerned with accuracy or contradictions to the source material. I’m just enjoying a new story in a world that I really like.

She’s real salty about it. I make a point to ask her how she likes the show because it winds her up.

• Haha 1