Can we like bother Mark a bunch on Twitter to get a 20th Anniversary Deluxe edition of Untitled next year?

M!ke

I was 10 when the smiley face album came out and I agree with Champ. I enjoyed the first 3 tracks and Always. Every other song I just thought were plain weird. I definitely preferred Enema & Take Off at that point. My cousin who had the same music taste as me and still does also had the same opinion. When I was around 15-16 I started to appreciate the album more and it ended up becoming my favourite album. Took my cousin until he was about 18 to actually love the smiley face album.

It just grew and grew on the both of us. I felt the same way with +44 and Boxcar Racer too. Both have superb albums I wasn't a huge fan of when released. Took me so long to appreciate American Idiot by Green Day too.

Good to see you Rory!

I remember practically having to force myself to like Untitled. The only blink album I've ever felt that way about. I did grow to genuinely like it, but it took months to feel like "real blink."

I have a vivid memory of playing it for the first time in my truck to one of my friends who loved blink. He was confused and hated it. Was kind of a bummer

With that said, everyone fucking loved Feeling This (was called Action originally). That contributed to the shock when the rest of the album leaked as well. Thought we were getting a whole album of that sound.

• Like 1

Cheers mate! You too
Yep I remember when an early version of Action leaked, I think from the soundtrack of some Madden video game? Really loved that which I guess contributed to disappointment when hearing the rest of the album

There is one exception for my general ambivalence to that album btw - Here's Your Letter. Absolutely love that song!!

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Champ182 said:

I'm sure everyone seemed like they were eleven years old to him at that time.

i mean i was joshing around of course. i was 26 when untitled came out. and i didn't know a single person my age who listened to blink anymore at that point. their audience was way younger by then. when you're over 25, even people who are 19 or 20 seem super super young.

that's what i was getting at.

23 hours ago, Vote Ghent said:

Did some digging around on here and yeah, I had it backwards. The original was called Action, but didn't have the Action line until it appeared on the album. Weird memory glitch there

We had this same discussion about a year ago lol 

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i mean i was joshing around of course. i was 26 when untitled came out. and i didn't know a single person my age who listened to blink anymore at that point. their audience was way younger by then. when you're over 25, even people who are 19 or 20 seem super super young.

that's what i was getting at.

So are you telling me that at age 36, I’m super young? 😊

7 hours ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

We had this same discussion about a year ago lol 

Yeah, some people were adamant that "get ready for action" wasn't on the CD, so I ended up making a video where I put the CD in the CD player and had it play the Feeling This intro.

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, some people were adamant that "get ready for action" wasn't on the CD, so I ended up making a video where I put the CD in the CD player and had it play the Feeling This intro.

Yea I forget what the effect was called, Mandela effect or something? But before that discussion I would have bet money the get ready for action line was in the Madden version

• Like 1