Can we like bother Mark a bunch on Twitter to get a 20th Anniversary Deluxe edition of Untitled next year?

M!ke

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

i'm conveying the general feeling within the punk scene at the time. which the quote from punknews.org supports.

the people who came up in the pit at SOMA—generally—disliked untitled. and it's not for "wanting everything to sound the same" or something. it was just about that band making that kind of album.

Your last sentence…exactly what I’ve been trying to say in a round about way

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

As if most of those fans didn't disown them around the time Enema came out.

a sizeable portion did. but of those that still listened, we stopped seeing them live for sure.

what WALL-E is saying is that the fans that were still hanging on, there were plenty of them who wanted (and expected) a jacket part 2 (or an enema part 3, if you look at it that way).

i'll never really like untitled and it doesn't sound like he will either. it's just the way it is.

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i'm conveying the general feeling within the punk scene at the time. which the quote from punknews.org supports.

the people who came up in the pit at SOMA—generally—disliked untitled. and it's not for "wanting everything to sound the same" or something. it was just about that band making that kind of album.

The I was 14 comment was me admitting I was young at the time for humour purposes you got that right?

• Haha 1

If Mark does the opposite of what pestering fans ask of him, I'm going to start pestering him to play every single blink song ever written EXCEPT for Online Songs.

Then we'll get a blink show that's just Online Songs 20 times in a row 😎

The Online Songs Tour will be great and you can thank me for it later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kay said:

The I was 14 comment was me admitting I was young at the time for humour purposes you got that right?

honestly kay i can't tell the difference on this site when people are being real assholes, fake assholes, when they are kidding and when they are not. every time i stop by i seem to land in a thread where a bunch of people are yelling at each other about something stupid.

you've met me on zoom. i'm a pretty jovial and funny guy. maybe pandemic davey is different than before times davey (you know, people dying all around you, the world basically on fire). but i find it increasingly difficult to interact in an environment where the basic MO is to give people shit, incessantly, for laughs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

honestly kay i can't tell the difference on this site when people are being real assholes, fake assholes, when they are kidding and when they are not. every time i stop by i seem to land in a thread where a bunch of people are yelling at each other about something stupid.

you've met me on zoom. i'm a pretty jovial and funny guy. maybe pandemic davey is different than before times davey (you know, people dying all around you, the world basically on fire). but i find it increasingly difficult to interact in an environment where the basic MO is to give people shit, incessantly, for laughs.

Aren’t we just the worst?

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

It's typically better to assume we're joking. And you can generally assume we're being assholes, but usually in a light-hearted way.

• Like 1

Sorry Mikey, but I don’t think this is a realistic expectation to have and I don’t want you to get your hopes up and be let down if it doesn’t happen.

Considering that Mark and co were considering cutting the legendary track ‘Kings of the Weekend’ from the album California, what chance does a relatively weaker album like self-titled have of a resurgence? I’m sorry but it’s a bit of a lost cause. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, King of the Weekend said:

Sorry Mikey, but I don’t think this is a realistic expectation to have and I don’t want you to get your hopes up and be let down if it doesn’t happen.

Considering that Mark and co were considering cutting the legendary track ‘Kings of the Weekend’ from the album California, what chance does a relatively weaker album like self-titled have of a resurgence? I’m sorry but it’s a bit of a lost cause. 

You’re kind of just being a pain in the ass to those of us who haven’t been shitting in you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, daveyjones said:

a sizeable portion did. but of those that still listened, we stopped seeing them live for sure.

what WALL-E is saying is that the fans that were still hanging on, there were plenty of them who wanted (and expected) a jacket part 2 (or an enema part 3, if you look at it that way).

i'll never really like untitled and it doesn't sound like he will either. it's just the way it is.

keyboard-keys.gif

I don't remember ever feeling Untitled was super depressing or anything, just thought it sounded cool as fuck 🤷‍♂️

Neighborhoods was the only time I felt them as 'depressing'.  Because the less exciting sound. Stockholm Syndrome and Down were no more serious than Adam's Song or STFTK.

I also don't agree with Davey saying 'only eleven year olds loved it', I remember it being polarizing, either your new favorite or your least favorite blink. But I remember older blink fans/ages loving it, and some also hating it because I Miss You and what not.  The blink fans lost were replaced by the emo crowd and whomever else who liked the new variation from California pop punk blink was really the new change.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, studioexecspeedo said:

I also don't agree with Davey saying 'only eleven year olds loved it'

Hmm yeah that definitely wasn't my experience either. I loved Untitled BECAUSE it was such a leap forward in maturity and sound, it came out right as I was growing out of pop punk and exploring other genres that I loved and it felt like Blink was shifting over in a way that kept them perfectly aligned in my newer music tastes. It was the "eleven year olds" who DIDN'T like it, because they were still firmly in the pop punk lane and would've preferred Enema Pt. 3

But to be fair, I didn't know anyone Davey's age who was old enough to have been a fan since the very beginning. I'm sure everyone seemed like they were eleven years old to him at that time.