If Tom Toured Solo…

Kay

Saw this on Reddit, thought it was interesting -

If Tom hired a band and did a solo tour where he performed songs from blink, BCR, AVA, his solo EP etc - what songs would you want to see? would you go?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kay said:

While the AVA joke is funny I am still curious lol, like if Tom came out and played the whole BCR record with a hired band I would still go in a heart beat.

I would too, if he played it as it is on the album. That is, fast, with guitars and no yodels or chants or awkward noises

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kay said:

While the AVA joke is funny I am still curious lol, like if Tom came out and played the whole BCR record with a hired band I would still go in a heart beat.

Honestly he has been doing that the last time he toured with AvA  He would include a blink medley, There Is, and sometimes another boxcar song.

I personally love it, but it just makes me wonder why he can't just play in blink too.

A Boxcar album reunion would be very doable and great and probably the coolest thing they could do with the current time and place of the bands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LOTR4-King of the Weekend said:

Honestly he has been doing that the last time he toured with AvA  He would include a blink medley, There Is, and sometimes another boxcar song.

I personally love it, but it just makes me wonder why he can't just play in blink too.

A Boxcar album reunion would be very doable and great and probably the coolest thing they could do with the current time and place of the bands.

Don’t worry, he will play in blink again when the money from selling his catalogue runs out. Can’t wait to see a 67 year old bald Tom DeLonge sing songs about high school!

If Tom actually did a solo tour that was distinctly NOT an AVA tour where he just played whatever he wanted from his entire discography that would be so incredibly fun. Already some of my favorite parts of the AVA shows I've been to are the one or two random blink/BCR songs he decides to play. A whole show that was just a free for all of blink, BCR, AVA, and his solo songs would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If Tom actually did a solo tour that was distinctly NOT an AVA tour where he just played whatever he wanted from his entire discography that would be so incredibly fun. Already some of my favorite parts of the AVA shows I've been to are the one or two random blink/BCR songs he decides to play. A whole show that was just a free for all of blink, BCR, AVA, and his solo songs would be amazing.

Right? Like yeah he sounds like a dying cat now but I’d still go haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd love a solo acoustic gig or something similar to this video below

Without the drums and bass guitar though. Never really been a fan of them on acoustic stuff. If I had to choose a setlist though, that's a difficult ask haha. There's way too many to have on an actual setlist but I think all of these would make good acoustic songs. A couple of them are already acoustic as well.

blink: Dumpweed, Obvious, Dick Lips, I Miss You, Untitled, Down, Asthenia, Not Now, I'm Lost Without You, After Midnight, Wishing Well, Pretty Little Girl, What Went Wrong

BCR: Watch the World, All Systems Go, And I, Letters to God, There Is, The End With You

AVA: Do It For Me Now, Start the Machine, Lifeline, Call to Arms, Sirens, Saturday Love, Anomaly, Tunnels, Voyager, Automatic, Restless Souls

Demos & Odds: New World, Invisible Parade, Suburban Kings, Animals

I think most of these would probably be better recorded in a studio or if Tom could still sing the way he does in that video above then it'd be good enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

I love the fans who can admit this. I can’t help but cringe and roll my eyes when the fans say “hE sOuNdS sO gOoD lIvE nOw WoW” lol 

He hasn't sounded good live since before Untitled if we're being honest

• Like 3
  • Wow 1