If Tom Toured Solo…

Kay

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He hasn't sounded good live since before Untitled if we're being honest

100% agreed. The TOYPAJ Tour is without question, in my opinion, their best sounding tour and the last time they sounded really good. They had a run of sounding great from the 4th quarter of 1998 as Travis was finding his groove with their songs and they were writing Enema, through that TOYPAJ Tour. So this included these pre-Enema shows, The Loserkids Tour, The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show, and The TOYPAJ Tour. After that, they started sounding like shit on The Pop Disaster Tour with Green Day. The pre-Enema shows I’m talking about in the 4th quarter of 1998  are like this show in Montreal on 9/26/98. What a magical show! Travis fresh in the band and big things were brewing! They played gems like Apple Shampoo and Enthused in this show with Travis, and an early rendition of Dumpweed that is way different than how it ended up. Check this show out. You can also search for the songs individually on YouTube, like “dammit Montreal” to find them:

Dammit was their biggest song at the time 

This show is magical, I love watching it lol. Just wondering if they had any idea just how huge they were about to become…they were definitely finding their stride here with Travis…and Tom’s tone with his Les Paul w/ Invader was A-1. Some speculate this guitar was used to record a lot of Enema. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

He hasn't sounded good live since before Untitled if we're being honest

He's never really sounded 'good' live to be honest.  That was always many people's gripes with blink back in their day.

But as for blink stans (us), he was never kind of bad live until untitled, and unbearably bad after untitled.

16 minutes ago, LOTR4-King of the Weekend said:

He's never really sounded 'good' live to be honest.  That was always many people's gripes with blink back in their day.

But as for blink stans (us), he was never kind of bad live until untitled, and unbearably bad after untitled.

Yea, I would never say he sounded great. But he definitely played good and sang alright before, but like you’ve said became horrible. The quality in their sound from TOYPAJ Tour and Pop Disaster Tour on the same songs is extremely noticeable. 

I like the way Tom sounds with pitch correction during the live stuff. The AVA live stream from last year I thought was pretty decent. Blink in 2004 always sounded good for the Mark songs. Tom did have his moments like Down at that award show in 2004 or I Miss You at the Pepsi Smash show, but they sound like they have pitch correction on those videos.

1 minute ago, Nosferatu said:

I like the way Tom sounds with pitch correction during the live stuff. The AVA live stream from last year I thought was pretty decent. Blink in 2004 always sounded good for the Mark songs. Tom did have his moments like Down at that award show in 2004 or I Miss You at the Pepsi Smash show, but they sound like they have pitch correction on those videos.

That’s so lame though to require pitch correction. I think it’s even more lame for the fans that are like “oH hE sOuNdS sO gOoD” despite knowing he’s using pitch correction. As if someone should be heralded for using fucking auto tune. 

26 minutes ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

That’s so lame though to require pitch correction. I think it’s even more lame for the fans that are like “oH hE sOuNdS sO gOoD” despite knowing he’s using pitch correction. As if someone should be heralded for using fucking auto tune. 

Everyone uses pitch correction and they have been for decades.

21 minutes ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

Define everyone 

Literally all of your favorite bands in the studio and if they are big enough to have a production team live. It’s a good tool to use and when used properly it pushes music to the next level and can help bring out a quality performance.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The fact that you think it’s a bad thing tells me you have a gross misunderstanding of what pitch correction is and how it should be used.

Oh, so you can’t answer my question? I asked you to define everyone, but here you are dodging and deflecting. 

25 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Literally all of your favorite bands in the studio and if they are big enough to have a production team live. It’s a good tool to use and when used properly it pushes music to the next level and can help bring out a quality performance.

Sure bud. You know what else can bring out a good performance? Talent and someone who actually knows how to sing. Not everyone does this shit, speak for your own mediocre punk bands that you listen to. I wonder how bands ever got by before 1997 when auto tune/pitch correction was invented!

15 hours ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

I dunno, I don't mind if bands use it. I much prefer how AVA sounded on their live stream and blink on that house of horrors show from last year. Mark sounded great with it. Both have sounded like utter shit for years, although when watching them in person they sound better than they do on the live videos from YT and shit.

Although I do like how blink sounded on the Las Vegas show in 2012 was it? or 2011? That was without pitch correction and was enjoyable enough

15 hours ago, Speedo said:

Everyone uses pitch correction and they have been for decades.

I actually don't think this is true.  Especially in the "PUNX" genres.

I mean look at blink, Mark mostly sounds pretty good, but sometimes struggles mightily with certain songs/parts.  It'd sound way better if he had assistance.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I actually don't think this is true.  Especially in the "PUNX" genres.

I mean look at blink, Mark mostly sounds pretty good, but sometimes struggles mightily with certain songs/parts.  It'd sound way better if he had assistance.

It’s definitely not true at all. Anyone that does think it’s true may benefit from checking out some more authentic and talented bands/artists. 

• Like 1