Official Kings of the Weekend discussion thread

Worst poster here

I can see posting about it in other threads has annoyed some people here. That was not my intent so my apologies to all. This thread is to hopefully compartmentalize the Kings of the Weekend discussion and analysis to one spot so others don’t get upset.

I will kick off the discussion with a fairly open question:

What is the criteria to become a King of the Weekend? And to build off this, what makes Blink Kings of the Weekend? And finally, one step further, what credentials grants Blink the authority to unilaterally declare themselves as the Kings of the Weekend? 

Open and honest discussions are welcome. Don’t hold back

They had a long dark meeting about 'what made them cool back in the day, what really makes blink cool, what might make kids cool these days'.

They've already used up Los Angeles, not having the desire to go home, relationship problems not atypical for a teenager, the feelings of a bleak future as a teenager, being bored to death, black clothing, drinking and needing to get sober.

So the co-writers ended this discussion with the decision to write a song about why teenagers like the weekend so much and continued to write in hopes the listeners will forget they're 40+ years old.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I just want to know why they excluded people who have to work on the weekends and therefore are unable to be Kings. What about Kings of the Weekdays?

It's racist.

No Queens of the Weekend either. Sexist. What about Queens who are Kings or Kings who are Queens? Transphobic much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Weekends are meaningless when you don’t work a Monday-Friday schedule.

I’ve been there but this is not entirely true as your friends still hangout on weekends so you get roped into it. So you’re a slave to labour during the day but then still can don the crown when your shift ends. Unless you work gravedigger shifts, then you’re fucked. 

25 minutes ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

I’ve been there but this is not entirely true as your friends still hangout on weekends so you get roped into it. So you’re a slave to labour during the day but then still can don the crown when your shift ends. Unless you work gravedigger shifts, then you’re fucked. 

What friends? I’m 36 with three kids, a marriage and a job I routinely work 17 hours a day doing, even on weekends.