Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

the tate rumors. the Q101 stuff. general radio silence from the band.

it’s clear something is going on with blink, so i think it’s time to start this thread to round up the rumors and speculation. let’s recap:

• the band has not publicly played shows in almost three years; mark has confirmed the band in any capacity will play shows in ‘23
  • the last recorded material, quarantine, had no contributions from skiba; other appearances including oliver tree's song had only mark and travis as members of the band
  • the halloween live performance in 2021 featured a stand-in guitarist
  • last year, tom, mark and travis met for the first time since 2015 at mark’s home after his diagnosis
  • strong speculation surrounding the aug 30th anniversary prompted a response from a tight-lipped mark w/ no news (contractually-bound?)
  • skiba outright responded to a fan comment on insta that “your guess is as good as mine” whether or not he is still a blink member this summer
  • jason tate — longtime industry insider who back in ‘08 called the band’s grammy reunion — has been dropping hints in his newsletter about the "worst-kept secret in music" and on chorus.fm about a world tour, potentially with turnstile
  • travis flies again, opening the doors for more dates (and $$$) in places like brazil or oz
  • likewise, rumors of blink headlining lollapalooza in brazil have been swirling since the summer
  • a radio station in chicago, q101, announced tom was back live on air in august. this week, a VP at cumulus media on a podcast confirmed the band has dates booked for 2023, including the united center, suggesting an arena tour
  • multiple online blogs and sites have been speculating tom is back for months; tom has always maintained the door is open and mark has been optimistic for some time publicly
  • though not super important, mark and travis re-followed tom on social media, and vice versa

so what do we think? according to tate we’re weeks away from an announcement. what would you like to hear the band play? will there be new music? how do you feel about tom’s potential return? will they play kings of the weekend? off we go!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Yeah it’s going to happen, just a matter of when. 

I have a few burning questions:

-Is Matt still in the band? If so, is he a full member who helps record albums and tours, or does he just fill-in for Tom on tour when Tom’s unavailable?

-if the rumours are true that they have been recording in early 2022, curious when the album/songs drop. I could see them dropping at least one song to accompany the announcement to generate hype. They have a long history of over-promising and underdelivering (with Tom at least), so this would be a good way to start on the right foot.

-Who‘s producing the new stuff? Probably Feldy and Travis and co. But still curious to see if any changes have been made. 

2 minutes ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

I’m rolling my eyes so fucking hard at all of you. Ain’t shit going on . These are literally the same exact excuses and thoughts people made up to believe a month ago

Yes that’s the whole point, it’s the same rumour. If it’s true, it doesn’t matter that it didn’t happen in August as it could still have been in the works then and they just jumped the gun. I’m going to have fun re-quoting your post soon 😎

11 minutes ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

Yes that’s the whole point, it’s the same rumour. If it’s true, it doesn’t matter that it didn’t happen in August as it could still have been in the works then and they just jumped the gun. I’m going to have fun re-quoting your post soon 😎

Sure bud. You don’t get any brownie points for it eventually happening down the road. I already said it’s possible but people need to chill until it’s officially announced. But sure, if it happens you can argue with all the morons on Reddit about who announced it first!

6 minutes ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

Sure bud. You don’t get any brownie points for it eventually happening down the road. I already said it’s possible but people need to chill until it’s officially announced. But sure, if it happens you can argue with all the morons on Reddit about who announced it first!

So your whole point is don’t engage in discussions and speculation over a rumour that has multiple sources? Ok Diddy 

1 minute ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

So your whole point is don’t engage in discussions and speculation over a rumour that has multiple sources? Ok Diddy 

“Multiple sources.” And yea, I’d think anyone with half a brain would proceed with caution after what happened a month ago. But some people don’t learn. Like I said, go ahead and keep doing it to yourself. Tom is absolutely horrid live anyways so who the fuck cares. Imagine being excited for someone to not give a shit or even try to perform half decently for you 

Just now, Iced_Fappuccino said:

“Multiple sources.” And yea, I’d think anyone with half a brain would proceed with caution after what happened a month ago. But some people don’t learn. Like I said, go ahead and keep doing it to yourself. Tom is absolutely horrid live anyways so who the fuck cares. Imagine being excited for someone to not give a shit or even try to perform half decently for you 

I’m in this for the potential for new music, not touring. 

I don’t care about being cautious, I’m all aboard the hype train. Choo choo mother fucker.

honestly, I don’t care if it doesn’t happen. This band flatlined for the last couple of years, and news, even bogus rumours, are fun to discuss. I’m not going to get disappointed by a band that has been around for over 3 decades, they’ve done enough already 

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this would be the smart thing to do.  however they are fucking awful at these kind of things.

I like to think that they have learned from their numerous mistakes. With Travis producing a shit ton of music, you’d think the process would be super streamlined for them now. 

Just now, Slave of the Week Day said:

I like to think that they have learned from their numerous mistakes. With Travis producing a shit ton of music, you’d think the process would be super streamlined for them now. 

They’re hardly even a fucking band right now, Jesus Christ 

Just now, Slave of the Week Day said:

Honest question, do you have a learning disability? 

Ohhh, so that’s how you’re going to play it? You’re gonna talk shit about this news coming out, but when it doesn’t, you won’t admit you were wrong, and I “have a learning disability.” The evidence points to YOU having the learning disability you absolute toolbag. You have zero evidence of anything but yet you keep drumming up false conclusions. 

Just now, Iced_Fappuccino said:

Ohhh, so that’s how you’re going to play it? You’re gonna talk shit about this news coming out, but when it doesn’t, you won’t admit you were wrong, and I “have a learning disability.” The evidence points to YOU having the learning disability you absolute toolbag. You have zero evidence of anything but yet you keep drumming up false conclusions. 

I mean, surely reading comprehension wasn’t one of your strengths in school, right?