Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

definitely happening. i must admit, i'm a little surprised that if tom is indeed rejoining, it's this soon. i know some time is passed but i thought it'd at least be in the next 3-4 years. perhaps mark's diagnosis shifted plans some.

Hunting UFOs is expensive, Tom probably is willing to step aside from his ego for a few months to get some Blink $$$

1 minute ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

Gotta feel for Matt if he was left in the dark here. What’s interesting is that he wasn’t a part of their newest releases (Quarantine sticks out), like what happened between the Enema tour and now? 

Around that same time barker unfollowed skiba as well 

4 minutes ago, andyscott182 said:

Around that same time barker unfollowed skiba as well 

Didn’t Mark say in an interview at one point something along the lines of “I don’t know where Matt is” and then seemed to walk back the statement a bit saying he sleeps in late or something. I have a vague memory of something like that where it seemed like there was some issues between them 

• Like 2

I do not feel bad for Matt at all, he got a fuck ton of money out of this and his name (and Alk Trio as a result) is bigger now than it’s ever been.  

Excited to see the original lineup (sorry Scott) play live again.  I imagine this is just going to be them doing world tours and new music isn’t coming.

• Like 2

Just now, scoobs said:

I do not feel bad for Matt at all, he got a fuck ton of money out of this and his name (and Alk Trio as a result) is bigger now than it’s ever been.  

Excited to see the original lineup (sorry Scott) play live again.  I imagine this is just going to be them doing world tours and new music isn’t coming.

I think this misses the point. I don’t feel bad for Matt from a financial perspective. But if he was silently booted from the band without any notice, that’s really shitty for anyone to go through. It’s the principle - anyone would hate to go through that type of situation where your colleagues just ghost you and you lose your job. And losing a source of income still sucks - it’s not like celebrities are usually good at managing their spending and finances. 

• Like 3