Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Also for those that refer to him as taint you may be interested in this from him after he posted a screenshot of redditors shit talking him:

”Haha. That’s what I tell myself. Also, I’m willing to admit there was a stretch from like when I was 18 to probably 30-ish where I didn’t like me. And I certainly don’t like who I was, now, looking back. So if someone had a bad interaction with me or whatnot, I don’t really begrudge them without knowing the context. Maybe I was in the wrong. Or maybe I banned them for doing something awful, who knows. Mostly I see it as a reminder of why I specifically choose the level of “out there” online I want to be, and a reminder to myself to try to continue to be the kind of person online (and off) I can actually stand behind and be proud of. #oldmanpoppunkfan”

I don’t think anyone here is calling him Taint cause we don’t like him. Just cause Tate is a little like taint and it’s funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Vote jan free for all thre said:

I already miss the feeling of finding out they truly are possibly bringing Tom back and teasing something with the billboards and secretive marketing.  Need to go away until some time of music or footage drops.

Or "where are you? And I'm so soary" Halloween t-shirts! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

i’d like to hear from @Champ182, what say you pal? pretty unusual times!

This is wild man! Super excited!! I’ll have more time to chime in tomorrow but right now I’m just amazed and so curious what the new music will sound like.

Any random guesses?? I’m praying it’s not like the paint by numbers Travis™️ stuff. I’m hoping for some deeper New Order/Cure type of influence. That seems like it would be the strongest connective tissue between Tom and Mark after all this time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

this is true; admins are mods, but mods are not admins. it's also true that colloquially, the two words are used interchangeably. discord acknowledges this, as in the @Mods role will ping both.  

It's like listerine and mouthwash! 

5 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

This is wild man! Super excited!! I’ll have more time to chime in tomorrow but right now I’m just amazed and so curious what the new music will sound like.

Any random guesses?? I’m praying it’s not like the paint by numbers Travis™️ stuff. I’m hoping for some deeper New Order/Cure type of influence. That seems like it would be the strongest connective tissue between Tom and Mark after all this time.

super good point. i was listening to neighborhoods trying to imagine what it might sound like. i really didn’t mind tom’s style on that album — it kinda gave the band an ethereal, post-punk kind of sound — and i’d love to see that further explored. but it’s been so long. i really have no expectations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vote jan free for all thre said:

I already miss the feeling of finding out they truly are possibly bringing Tom back and teasing something with the billboards and secretive marketing.  Need to go away until some time of music or footage drops.

Lol this is why I was so Adamant that people slow their role until anything is official. Diddy was just looking out for you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

this is true; admins are mods, but mods are not admins. it's also true that colloquially, the two words are used interchangeably. discord acknowledges this, as in the @Mods role will ping both.  

Yea I know this, I specified the correct descriptor. He’s an admin, ownership privileges over the discord. Don’t know why we’re still going back and forth on this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

Is there any high quality images of that new typeface blink looks to be going with? Would be cool to get that on the header. I’ve only seen pretty shitty pics so far 

Don’t think so. Only photos of that billboard and the shirts. Will probably get one with the announcement.

• Like 1