Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

If this is what’s happening to concerts in the United States I guess I’ll be severely cutting back on concerts. I’ve hardly been to any since COVID started but I always planned on getting back into regular show attendance after a little more distance from the pandemic. Who knows now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If this is what’s happening to concerts in the United States I guess I’ll be severely cutting back on concerts. I’ve hardly been to any since COVID started but I always planned on getting back into regular show attendance after a little more distance from the pandemic. Who knows now.

I’ve gone to a good amount of shows this year. A lot of them sellouts but none of them were this insane pricing wise or trying to get tickets too. 

• Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It's been bad, but never even close to this bad from what I can remember. I saw blink three years ago for $50.

I can't wait till we all get refunds from ticketmaster for 2.15$ when their dynamic pricing model gets them sued. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ticketmaster has always been a fucking dumpster of a company, but I guess I've been out of touch not going to shows recently to realize how bad it has gotten.  

I keep signing in daily to check on the Toronto floor situation and seeing tickets at $1700 and $2500 Canadian dollars, respectively, has me nearly spitting out my coffee every time. 

What a bloody joke. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

I don’t really see why it’s a bad look either. Its on Ticketmaster 

While Ticketmaster is the main problem, apparently there are things artists can do to make it easier for fans to get tickets at a decent price. For instance, I read that Paramore and Ed Sheeran turned off the Platinum ticket option.

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

While Ticketmaster is the main problem, apparently there are things artists can do to make it easier for fans to get tickets at a decent price. For instance, I read that Paramore and Ed Sheeran turned off the Platinum ticket option.

The band is probably making quadruple what they expected. No way Tom can justify leaving now!

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Ed Sheeran is making cake regardless and still in his prime.  Call me when he's doing that in his 40s.  While I would obviously respect the shit out of that, I would never expect that from a band with such a major hiatus to make up for and if people are willing to pay this absurd amount to see them, hard to really argue with them not accepting the money being thrown at them.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

Ed Sheeran is making cake regardless and still in his prime.  Call me when he's doing that in his 40s.  While I would obviously respect the shit out of that, I would never expect that from a band with such a major hiatus to make up for and if people are willing to pay this absurd amount to see them, hard to really argue with them not accepting the money being thrown at them.  

I wasn't commenting on what blink should or shouldn't do with their ticket prices/options, just noting that artists have a bit more control than one might think.