Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

27 minutes ago, kibbles said:

So the weird thing is the tickets I bought today for $415 where I specifically filtered out ‘official platinum’ and resale tickets so I wouldn’t get gouged, were actually same section and basically the same seats of a failed attempt I had a few days ago that I screenshotted at $165 a ticket. So they went up $250/ticket for no reason at all, and are not part of the ‘official platinum ticket’ dynamic pricing scam. Therefore they must be using dynamic pricing on all tickets, not just the ones they say. So fucked.

Yeah, dude, it was never platinum ticket thing or a resale thing (however, it looks like they are reselling their own tickets now - for MORE) they are basically just creating an artificial supply/demand issue to drive up anxiety through the roof and sliding in extra fees at the checkout with a timer to pressure you to buy.  While using some ticket algorithm to only trickle out a few at a times and make them vanish then re-appear suddenly if you didn't go through with the insane price.

Basically, they are doing ever tactic that is humanly (and artificially) possible to gouge the highest price possible for each ticket they can get sold.

While, they technically can do this, because people are buying it, the deceptive vanishing of the tickets and like re-pricing them is potentially illegal and buying out any competitors to not be able to undercut their prices is the cause of this.

• Sad 1

I'm not going to comment whether COVID was a psychological experiment or not like some conspiracists believe, but it did show a lot of companies how far people will go to buy something once they feel desperate and anxious. 

I still remember standing behind this lady at Costco who threatened to kill the check-out lady if she didn't let her buy extra paper towel than allowed.

• Wow 2

Just now, kibbles said:

Same tickets are cheaper now too, Pit only a little bit more. Ducking hell. I wanna do a chargeback or something. Gah I’m an idiot. 

Do it!  That's probably the worst thing you could do for their operation.  They have to eat those credit card fees regardless of a chargeback.  So if everyone cancels their transactions with their banks/credit card company, they will have to eat all those charges.  Unless they made the extra fees non-refundable somehow all the way to the banks.  Not sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

Do it!  That's probably the worst thing you could do for their operation.  They have to eat those credit card fees regardless of a chargeback.  So if everyone cancels their transactions with their banks/credit card company, they will have to eat all those charges.  Unless they made the extra fees non-refundable somehow all the way to the banks.  Not sure.

Looks like for now they are giving me permission in a way. I emailed Ticketmaster and they said I was charged for platinum tickets. How is that possible when I specifically filtered those out, and there’s no indication there? They responded and apologized for the inconvenience and that there “must be an error somehow” lol. They suggested I contact my bank to cancel my payment ha

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Mark already has doubled down on this several times that no one wants to hear live music for longer than 90 minutes. Expect the typical 80 minute show.

Can someone please put me in touch with Mark so I can ask him how he knows people don’t want to see them play more than 90 minutes if they never play more than 90 minutes. @daveyjones?

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Doesn’t really bother me if you’re charging $20 for lawn tickets, you can put on whatever show you want. But I don’t know how you can say that with a straight face when every fan in the stadium paid min $150 in a sold out arena and most paid $250 plus per ticket. Clearly these fans are die hard, congrats you have enough die hard fans to sell out an arena tour; it’s a great problem to have. But you should be doing your best effort to satisfy them charging that much with an incredible show and I don’t see how there’s any way an 80 minute show could do that.

Now if the argument is just they’re old and need to have a shorter show that’s different than saying the fans don’t want it, but he’s never claimed that.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So I’m confused on how this all works. Blink are adding more shows in cities which means tickets are selling well but who is buying these $800+ tickets? Are scalpers baking on selling them for more? What happens if no one buys them and then only 5000 people turn up to watch them play at an arena that holds 30,000? Surely that would make the band look terrible. 

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

So I’m confused on how this all works. Blink are adding more shows in cities which means tickets are selling well but who is buying these $800+ tickets? Are scalpers baking on selling them for more? What happens if no one buys them and then only 5000 people turn up to watch them play at an arena that holds 30,000? Surely that would make the band look terrible. 

At these prices they probably don't care how many people show up. Sell one ticket for $500 that has a fair value of $50 and you just sold 10 ten tickets financially. I'm sure Ticketmaster doesn't care as long as the bottom line remains. I guarantee the "Verified Reseller" thing is just seats Ticketmaster is holding.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

53 minutes ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

I'm not going to comment whether COVID was a psychological experiment or not like some conspiracists believe, but it did show a lot of companies how far people will go to buy something once they feel desperate and anxious. 

I still remember standing behind this lady at Costco who threatened to kill the check-out lady if she didn't let her buy extra paper towel than allowed.

Did you do the right thing and tell that lady to calm the fuck down and get out of the store so you can check out yourself?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Mark already has doubled down on this several times that no one wants to hear live music for longer than 90 minutes. Expect the typical 80 minute show.

To be fair, a Foo Fighters concert came on my autoplay Youtube and they played Monkey Wrench for 12 minutes, and then did the same thing for Learn To Fly and I wanted to off myself as did everyone in the crowd standing still if they didn't wrap up these songs. 

People don't have the patience anymore for extended songs like Pink Floyd.  I actually like that Blink only does that for Violence and a few others.

• Crab 1