Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

1 hour ago, Vote Ghent said:

When it comes to dynamic pricing, “it’s important to remember that it’s the artist telling Ticketmaster this is what they want to do, not the other way around,” Lefsetz says.

He also said:

“The irony is people who pay the most for tickets to see their favorite artists are often the happiest"

and

“If you want to see a band at a low price, go to your local bar."

So he seems like a jackass with some skin in the game haha.

I don't know what to believe. When I was trying to wrap my head around all of it a few months ago (trying to get Springsteen tickets) I understood it to mean that Ticketmaster is out there telling the artists that this is to prevent fans from getting ripped off by the after-market resellers, and the artists don't really have any other option. I mean Pearl Jam tried to tour without Ticketmaster in the 90s and it just didn't work. Artists can say "fuck off" but it's a monopoly, they can't go on giant tours without Ticketmaster. I highly doubt any artist is specifically requesting to be a part of this scam that inevitably pisses off their fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My cousin got us tickets for $60 each in Chicago. They are nosebleeds, but who cares.

I am not sure how I feel on this whole ticket thing. Ultimately it is kind of supply and demand; and a lot of these prices are being driven by the fact that Tom is back for the first time in almost a decade. Its also a lot of pent up demand from the covid lull in shows and inflation. If people weren't willing to pay those insane prices, they wouldn't be able to sell them for those prices, and if they aren't getting any takers, they will have to lower them. Does it suck? Sure. But if you no like, you no buy. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

This world tour is absolutely jam-packed with shows. I’m shocked Tom agreed to all this 😂 

Have they ever had a tour this extensive before?

Maybe a clause in his contract says he call leave at any time. 

17 minutes ago, J0e B1dens Dementia said:

My cousin got us tickets for $60 each in Chicago. They are nosebleeds, but who cares.

I am not sure how I feel on this whole ticket thing. Ultimately it is kind of supply and demand; and a lot of these prices are being driven by the fact that Tom is back for the first time in almost a decade. Its also a lot of pent up demand from the covid lull in shows and inflation. If people weren't willing to pay those insane prices, they wouldn't be able to sell them for those prices, and if they aren't getting any takers, they will have to lower them. Does it suck? Sure. But if you no like, you no buy. 

Damn that’s a steal fir chicago

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, J0e B1dens Dementia said:

I would cancel those immediately or sell them, serious.  I'm okay with nosebleeds but not at the United Center.  I've been there for a basketball game and it's absolutely miserable, they haven't updated that stadium in years to make it tolerable.  I would strongly advise against nosebleeds at the UC or anything 3rd level really.

• Wow 1

Just now, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

I would cancel those immediately or sell them, serious.  I'm okay with nosebleeds but not at the United Center.  I've been there for a basketball game and it's absolutely miserable, they haven't updated that stadium in years to make nosebleeds sufferable.  I would strongly advise against nosebleeds at the UC or anything 3rd level really.

Why don’t you and Oliver meet up and go together?

• Like 1

Just now, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

If I can stand on his shoulders?  I'm not doing nosebleeds there.  It's a concert ffs.

You could still meet up and go together, and do a documentary for the board. @Russel Coight surely would do it if he was in the same city as Oliver or another board member! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

This world tour is absolutely jam-packed with shows. I’m shocked Tom agreed to all this 😂 

Have they ever had a tour this extensive before?

not to my knowledge — maybe 2004. they hit australia, US, europe, and japan that year

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

@Russel Coightlooks like they just added a bunch of new shows in AU if ya need it.

Thanks man! I’ll definitely be getting tickets to the second Sydney show. Maybe Melbourne too if I can convince my mate.

Come on over. I’ll buy you a ticket. You just get flights. Prob cheaper than what you’d pay over there.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Thanks man! I’ll definitely be getting tickets to the second Sydney show. Maybe Melbourne too if I can convince my mate.

Come on over. I’ll buy you a ticket. You just get flights. Prob cheaper than what you’d pay over there.

It won't let me go to 2024, but this is what a flight ticket is to go to Australia next March.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-17-at-6-50-56-PM.png

That's cheaper than a pit ticket to show in Chicago, US, next October ($800, before Ticketmaster after-fees)

Coight, I've always wanted to get to Australia at some point.  Don't tempt me.  It's honestly cheaper, kind of hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandpa Reefer said:

You could still meet up and go together, and do a documentary for the board. @Russel Coight surely would do it if he was in the same city as Oliver or another board member! 

So @No Burgers, For You -Jan is just going to act like this comment didn’t exist? 

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Reefer said:

So @No Burgers, For You -Jan is just going to act like this comment didn’t exist? 

If I go to Chicago, I owe 4 friends tickets that I promised I would get (since they were at work during presale).  It'd be a risk to try and go without them and I'd feel weird partying with Oliver, explaining this to the SO, who Oliver is, and why they can't come.  If he got me multiple, I'm there.

No one can argue with going to Australia alone on the otherhand lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

You heading to the first Melbourne show? I missed the fan presale so I'll be hoping to get lucky tomorrow, considering trying to get a ticket for both.

• Like 1