Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

Despite Ticketmaster seemingly feeling bad for me, they originally told me to contact my bank I told them that they told me I have to wait for it to post, unless Ticketmaster can cancel it on their end, TM rep told me to just buy new tickets and sell the tickets on their verified resell to make the money back, I say no I can’t wait for after the show to be paid so I will contact my bank like you said. I thought it would be easier to cancel since you guys sold me platinum tickets when j specifically filtered them out and nowhere does it say it is on the receipt or while purchasing. They said thank you for being patient with them. idk I just hope they don’t turn around and ban my account then and void all my future tickets I have. They’re acting like they apologize for the inconvenience and even tell me they’re sorry there was a mistake and to contact my bank, but for some reason don’t want to refund it themselves? Sketchy

• Wow 2

1 hour ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

It won't let me go to 2024, but this is what a flight ticket is to go to Australia next March.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-17-at-6-50-56-PM.png

That's cheaper than a pit ticket to show in Chicago, US, next October ($800, before Ticketmaster after-fees)

Coight, I've always wanted to get to Australia at some point.  Don't tempt me.  It's honestly cheaper, kind of hilarious.

Do it mate. It’ll be fun. I’ll be buying 2 tickets to the second show. One for me and my GF but if you make it over here her ticket is yours. Two nights in a row is a bit much for her lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dean said:

You heading to the first Melbourne show? I missed the fan presale so I'll be hoping to get lucky tomorrow, considering trying to get a ticket for both.

Yeah I got tickets to the first show. Which one you gonna prioritise tomorrow.

If you miss out on first and sometime between now and 2024 my mate balls I’ll hit you up first haha.

• Like 1

Yeah, they have to play the game to survive. Someone said it earlier, but Pearl Jam tried to go on tour without ticketmaster once to 'punk rock' the industry and got casted into the woods and desert shit venues because Ticketmaster threatened all the major venues if they blacklisted their service.  Saw that on the Ticketmaster special too lol.

It's like when Star Wars threatened to pull their movie from the theaters that did not show theirs during prime time hours and what not.

Ticketmaster is basically a head of the music industry right now since monopolizing.  They are like Disney.  Probably owned by Disney in some way.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

But I do believe this is like an insider knowledge of some sorts in agreement with the artists. Ex. "Hey blink, guess how much Bruce Springsteen, Good Charlotte and whoever else made with the last dynamic ticket pricing method we have been using to sell shows out ________". "Holy shit!" -blink says.  "Yeah, we will take care of all the work and fans will only get mad at us, not you, you will many 10X as much with our methods and people are desperate for shows due to Covid, so you might want to strike when the irons hot." -ticketmaster douche. 

I'm sure they know about it, but had no idea it'd get up to $800 a ticket in places, just expected a little more profits than usual.

• Like 2

Are they taking the fucking piss? Ticketmaster is reselling MY tickets at a HIGHER price… what in the fuck?

They’re selling them with a 10% mark up of the original price WITHOUT INFORMING ME, so they keep the difference when it gets sold 😖

You could argue 10% is not that much, but it’s the principle.

I just want to resell at the price I originally paid for. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Reefer said:

I’d much rather here them play the full version of wasting time than do it acoustically 

Agreed. I’d be down for any of the actual acoustic songs (What Went Wrong, Boxing Day for shows near Christmas, etc) or tastefully doing songs that might sound like shit with their older age (maybe STFTK?).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

Would people be happy if they played a few Boxcar Racer and +44 tracks? I doubt they do because casual fans might be unfamiliar. But I could see There Is, Elevator, and either WYHSB or No It Isn’t played.

They should have a slot in the set, where they do 2 songs from either BCR/AVA/+44...

18 songs = new album + greatest hits

7 songs = deep cuts + side projects 

• Like 2