Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

So I woke up the day that tickets went on pre-sale to my friend already having secured good tickets for us for $218 each which I didn’t and am not complaining about. Thus, I didn’t have to deal with Ticketmaster for one second and didn’t really spend much time trying to understand this dynamic pricing bullshit that blink signed us all up for. The more I learn about it, the worse it seems for blink to have done this. There’s people having to pay over $1,000 for nosebleed seats to watch blink not be able to play accurately along with backing tracks? That’s fucked up. If I didn’t have a ticket secured already, I wouldn’t be buying one. I hope all of the people who are defending the little stinker that is Edging understand this dynamic pricing is 100% on blink, despite the facade they’re putting on to try and save face

the prices are already going down. chicago was one of the worst cases and now pit tickets are $485. all other seats are between $200-400 (non resale)

that's still not a "good" deal but better than a few days ago. regarding nosebleed seats, why would anyone ever buy those for more than $20? i hope the second and third levels at these venues remain empty. 

• Like 3

It's not 100% on blink lol.  It's largely the amount of blink fans with money driving the prices up and Ticketmaster monopolized the market. Aka, no shits given. 

They legit can't world tour without Ticketmaster servicing the tickets.  They could have set a fixed price it sounds or have been told dynamic pricing is better and loses scalpers and go with that. 

If people are paying for it, what is they to fault?  They probably assumed there'd be enough buzz to make a bit more, $80-$200 tickets, but no way they knew the pricing would get up to $1,000.  

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

10 hours ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

It's not 100% on blink lol.  It's largely the amount of blink fans with money driving the prices up and Ticketmaster monopolized the market. Aka, no shits given. 

They legit can't world tour without Ticketmaster servicing the tickets.  They could have set a fixed price it sounds or have been told dynamic pricing is better and loses scalpers and go with that. 

If people are paying for it, what is they to fault?  They probably assumed there'd be enough buzz to make a bit more, $80-$200 tickets, but no way they knew the pricing would get up to $1,000.  

Riiiiigh, not their fault. Lol the blindness and bias really irks me here. They signed up for it, they knew what was going to happen, and then they play the blame game and act like they had no idea. Of course @No Burgers, For You -Jan believes that hook, line, and sinker. Pathetic 

1 hour ago, radioactive tomdog said:

i wonder how many shows the band will cancel. i feel like every time they do this, they cancel a handful of shows due to someone being sick/injured or lie about something because a venue didn't sell well. 

It's going to be a bloodbath.  No way they don't have something go wrong between all these shows.

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, radioactive tomdog said:

i'm predicting a travis/kourtney breakup somewhere in the middle of it 

If Tom Brady is not safe, no one is.

I'm thinking they miss one of the back to back dates (virus/sick) and then ticketmaster isn't willing to refund anything except baseline ticket and it's all over the news.

1 minute ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

If Tom Brady is not safe, no one is.

I'm thinking they miss one of the back to back dates (virus/sick) and then ticketmaster isn't willing to refund anything except baseline ticket and it's all over the news.

When have they ever missed a show or cancelled before? This is highly unlikely 

7 hours ago, FAP said:

When have they ever missed a show or cancelled before? This is highly unlikely 

Literally did that to me in 2011 and I had to get a refund because the rescheduled dates were a whole year later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/22/2022 at 8:43 AM, Kay said:

Literally did that to me in 2011 and I had to get a refund because the rescheduled dates were a whole year later.

Yeah, I remember this. I was supposed to be seeing blink in 2011 with You Me at Six supporting them but blink rescheduled it. They explained they were too busy recording the Neighborhoods album as a reason for delaying the tour in UK and Europe.

I was happy waiting a year though so didn't care about being refunded. You Me at Six were replaced by All American Rejects because of this whole situation but wasn't bothered which ones supported blink haha

• Like 1