Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

21 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, we can't even begin to imagine how insane these south american shows are going to be. 

If the South American fans have even a fraction of the energy they've poured out on the internet over the years then this shit should be wild as hell. I'm looking forward to it myself. Kind of a momentous occasion for the band

• Like 4
  • Love 1

South America has the best crowds in the world, I can't wait to watch the videos. I'm so ready to get back into my nerdy fan mode to follow all the action when the tour starts (and I will even end up following Kourtney K on IG 😅).

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kibbles said:

These SA festivals usually have live streams or uploads right? Crazy we may get a pro shot reunion show before tour

That's right! They always upload the whole set of every band at the Lollapalooza in Argentina and Brazil as far as I know.

8 minutes ago, Elisa said:

South America has the best crowds in the world, I can't wait to watch the videos. I'm so ready to get back into my nerdy fan mode to follow all the action when the tour starts (and I will even end up following Kourtney K on IG 😅).

Be careful! Once you do it there is no going back. I just commented on one of those stupid Facebook Kardashian articles that pop up and now I feel grimey  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Elisa said:

That's right! They always upload the whole set of every band at the Lollapalooza in Argentina and Brazil as far as I know.

Chile too, but the company in charge the others years will no longer participate this year, so we don't know yet what company will stream the show.

Sometimes the headliner may ask that they not air the show like Eminem did in 2016 but blink-182 aired the Lollapalooza show in Chicago so I guess is not a problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

has Mark/blink ever said why they avoided South America for so long?

The plane crash made it impossible to get Travis there once he stopped flying. No idea why they didn't go before that though

Pretty amazing to think we’ll see Blink with Tom in the next few months. Hasn’t really hit me yet but damn I’m stoked. You know you’re getting old when it will be the first Blink show I attend where I’ll be in the seats instead of the pit. 4th time seeing Blink (once during TOYPAJ, twice during reunion/NH). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAP said:

Oh wow, they’ve never once been there before?

Never. That is why it is so important to us, I am from Chile and we are very excited.  I traveled to Irvine from Chile for the last show of the California tour and some friends of mine did the same on that tour. This show with Tom is going to be amazing, a dream come true for a whole continent.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, kcx182 said:

Never. That is why it is so important to us, I am from Chile and we are very excited.  I traveled to Irvine from Chile for the last show of the California tour and some friends of mine did the same on that tour. This show with Tom is going to be amazing, a dream come true for a whole continent.

That’s awesome, I am very excited for all the South American fans! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Imagine Blink drops just one single before a tour and milk it through a whole year worth of touring without dropping an album. Or worse, they release an album in the middle of touring, therefore some fans got lucky and see them live with new songs, other half sees them with an old catalog. Or worse, they release a record after year of touring.