Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

Edging, Rock Hard, Hard at work. Anyone else over the childish shit? I’m 35 ffs, if I feel like being childish I’ll listen to Toypaj or Enema. Just give your hardcore fans who are all 30/40s some music we can relate too ffs

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Edging, Rock Hard, Hard at work. Anyone else over the childish shit? I’m 35 ffs, if I feel like being childish I’ll listen to Toypaj or Enema. Just give your hardcore fans who are all 30/40s some music we can relate too ffs

It’s just a name, who cares? I still prefer goofy shit over serious stuff like Neighborhoods. Remember when that radio host laughed at the NH title and asked what the actual title was and Mark had to awkwardly confirm it was NH? Lol good times 

5 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

It’s just a name, who cares? I still prefer goofy shit over serious stuff like Neighborhoods. Remember when that radio host laughed at the NH title and asked what the actual title was and Mark had to awkwardly confirm it was NH? Lol good times 

lol I’ve never really thought about this. Why did they call it neighborhoods? Was there some deep meaning behind that? Haha 

3 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

lol I’ve never really thought about this. Why did they call it neighborhoods? Was there some deep meaning behind that? Haha 

Something like “we all come from different backgrounds of music, like different neighborhoods. Tom likes stadium rock, Travis likes hip hop, I like indie rock.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Something like “we all come from different backgrounds of music, like different neighborhoods. Tom likes stadium rock, Travis likes hip hop, I like indie rock.”

Oh yea, I remember that now. Lol kinda lame and not fitting for that album imo but whatever 

31 minutes ago, Scott. said:

No.  Edging was ruined because Travis' post about him and Kardashian inventing it or w.e douchebaggery, but ultimately, I'm enjoying the light-heartedness of it all, especially nowadays when everything's seriously pretentious. 

Rock hard tour was the name on the tour page back when it was announced so not surprised there. That with the caution tape saying Hard at Work on the WIP website page and reunion teaser posters, as well as in the past Tom wanting to name the album Hard at Work kinda all point to it. 

I’d be more into jokey/childish names for things if momentum from Edging had flowed with a bit more news/interviews/a song whatever. Instead we’ve had close to 6 months with nothing but studio pics and tour cancellations so it all just seems a little tackier now for some reason.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

The fact they are updating all the pages tho, + Aaron's "imminent" response, maybe we finally getting the album announcement/single this week. Tuesday album announcement with single announced for friday. 🤔

I know, be doing this every week....

Edit: think it's ways said rock hard on https://www.rogersplace.com/blink-182-june-29-2023/ based off waybackmachine results. So idk if anythings been updated recently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kibbles said:

The fact they are updating all the pages tho, + Aaron's "imminent" response, maybe we finally getting the album announcement/single this week. Tuesday album announcement with single announced for friday. 🤔

I know, be doing this every week....

What pages have they updated? I’m sure something is coming soon.

7 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

What pages have they updated? I’m sure something is coming soon.

Ah was just going off 

3 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

The stadium in my city now has the tour named as “Rock Hard” on Ticketmaster. Goes along with the potential Hard at Work album title. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the fact they disappeared after Edging ruined a bit of the good fun with all that and does seem more tacky now.

But, the fact anyone's upset with the trio wanting to go full fledge dick jokes for their return album is silly to me.  Could not be happier.  We've had enough edgy/'progressive' shit.  See: Self Titled, Angels and freakin Airwaves, Neighborhoods..  I'm sure we'd complain they are depressed and old now if they just kept going with that.  I honestly, truly, think this is the right call for their first album back.  Can always do something darker/heavier after.  But it'd be weirder/harder to go vise versa on that.

Nobody else is doing dick jokes.  Nobody.

Everyone's doing indy.

Everyone's doing plasticky overdone pop hits.

• Like 2