Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Every Cali/Nine song Tom plays will suddenly be legendary and legitimized now for the tombots

Not sure what you guys are getting so touchy about.  Of course we are going to compare the two if Tom is singing over the top of them.  

No one thinks it's Skiba's fault or hates him.  We can definitely hate the era or music and shit on it how we want though.

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

1 minute ago, BK Lounge said:

Not sure what you guys are getting so touchy about.  Of course we are going to compare the two if Tom is singing over the top of them.  

No one thinks it's Skiba's fault or hates him.  We can definitely hate the era or music and shit on it how we want though.

Blink fans > tombots

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

that’s almost unbelievable. i’m not sure there’s ever been a major rock band where a member has left, been replaced, and then comes back and takes part in the songs they were replaced with. you almost wouldn’t blame tom for not having interest; it’s an ego thing. the fact that he is singing the songs he didn’t write suggests the hatchet between the three has been buried deeper, perhaps “more than we’ll ever know” (lol)

as a fan i think it’s truly wonderful they aren’t skipping over the matt era entirely and celebrating it too. tom sounds great in those clips, super kudos to the person who recorded them. i can’t wait to see what they sound like tonight playing it. in cynical’s case especially, it almost sounds like tom was meant to be there. it’s mind boggling as a fan. 

as others have said, this is the all time best scenario for blink to be in. tom is committed, they sound great, and new music is on the way.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, boxelder said:

that’s almost unbelievable. i’m not sure there’s ever been a major rock band where a member has left, been replaced, and then comes back and takes part in the songs they were replaced with. you almost wouldn’t blame tom for not having interest; it’s an ego thing. the fact that he is singing the songs he didn’t write suggests the hatchet between the three has been buried deeper, perhaps “more than we’ll ever know” (lol)

as a fan i think it’s truly wonderful they aren’t skipping over the matt era entirely and celebrating it too. tom sounds great in those clips, super kudos to the person who recorded them. i can’t wait to see what they sound like tonight playing it. in cynical’s case especially, it almost sounds like tom was meant to be there. it’s mind boggling as a fan. 

as others have said, this is the all time best scenario for blink to be in. tom is committed, they sound great, and new music is on the way.

Iron Maiden, maybe?

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Iron Maiden, maybe?

did they? i’ve been trying to think of an analog and van halen came to mind — was huge after roth left with big hits, but i’m not sure roth even played those songs when he got back together with the band. this is almost unprecedented in popular music. 

Just now, boxelder said:

did they? i’ve been trying to think of it analog and van halen came to mind — was huge after roth left with big hits, but i’m not sure roth even played those songs when he got back together with the band. this is almost unprecedented in popular music. 

I dunno. It seemed so at least.

1 minute ago, BK Lounge said:

Clearly not a fan. He moved to Chicago for a family matter. 

I'm sure you know more about him than me! tombots obsess over this stuff

I'm not offended by anything, but saying the songs you've been shitting on for 6 years are suddenly good because Tom is singing on them is weird

Just now, Ghent said:

I'm sure you know more about him than me! tombots obsess over this stuff

I'm not offended by anything, but saying the songs you've been shitting on for 6 years are suddenly good because Tom is singing on them is weird

I guess I can see that because the instrumentation and everything that was "bad" in the California era still exists, but Cynical didn't have much of that, so..

Bored to Death did not do much for me, so you can possibly sleep tonight now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BK Lounge said:

Not being offended > being hardcore offended by a measly comment about liking Tom's california covers

You’re just being petty and desperate to be validated after slinging shit at skiba all those years. 

• Like 1