Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

25 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

That sounded great! So happy they’ve found their peace and are killing it!

Somebody find me a bunch of posts were people were absolutely sure Tom wouldn’t touch skiba songs so I can Bruh them all.

Are you not surprised as well?  I mean, it's totally surprising to even the biggest optimist.  Next you know we are getting Run Away + Misery backwards and then Dude Ranch front to back.  Really trying to send us to cloud 9 right now.

6 minutes ago, BK Lounge said:

Are you not surprised as well?  I mean, it's totally surprising to even the biggest optimist.  Next you know we are getting Run Away + Misery backwards and then Dude Ranch front to back.  Really trying to send us to cloud 9 right now.

Nope. Dude I’ve been saying from day 1 that Tom seems different and his ego seemed gone and believed we’d hear at least bored to death. Only to be met with “dude it’s Tom. It won’t happen.”

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Nope. Dude I’ve been saying from day 1 that Tom seems different and his ego seemed gone and believed we’d hear at least bored to death. Only to be met with “dude it’s Tom. It won’t happen.”

I mean a poster or two might have given you a monologue about "people don't change" here and there but I still don't even think you were guessing Cynical or a random Cali song would be worked into the mix with Tom singing full parts.

Kudos though.  I'm still shocked, but it is surely exciting.

26 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

What is this a half-step down? Tom was struggling a bit on those high notes but the way he sings “and fading faaaassssssst” is pure sex. I didn’t expect Tom to embrace the woah’s (and thanks to backing tracks we finally have Tom and Matt harmonizing) but I realized they’re right up his alley lol. Would be cool over time if they turn the outro into a jam, thought Tom was about to get into it for a second.

Despite it being an iconic Skeebs song, Cynical was surprisingly awesome with Tom’s new raspy voice. It put a big smile on my face to hear Tom say “I am” at the end of the intro. With that being said, he should skip out on the harmonies and woahs. It made me laugh though. Wishful thinking, but I hope we get more Skiba era songs along with some Neighborhoods and DED. Thank you for the vids m8.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Cynical, Edging, Always, BTD, Dysentary Gary, I Miss You are definitely my favorite to see live right now in that order, guess I just like the new stuff.  

The verses on BTD were a bit choppy from Tom, but man did the chorus hit nice and ending additions are great as well. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

The way Tom sings fading fast elevates this song to the classic blink single. So good. Need a studio version as a bonus track.

also adding adams song back is major key, that not being a required song in their set over others once they got over dj am has always baffled me.

• Love 1

I seriously think we’re about to head into one of the best eras of this band ever. Internally everything seems amazing between the band. Best since enema days probably. They sound amazing live. The walking ego Tom Delonge is playing song written for his band my Matt Skiba and John fucking Feldman.

If the record is good then I really don’t see what’s going to stop them becoming even bigger as a band.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

33 minutes ago, kibbles said:

I'm a neighborhood simp.  Play this and I about shed one.  Put this up there in the top 3 of live songs at the moment.  Call me also crazy, but it sounds like the version of Up All Night that they always wanted it to really sound like, a bit more lively and cohesive sounding.  Same problems as Edging, it sounds even better with the little more crunch to the guitar you get live.

Fucking insanity 2nd blink peak times.

• Like 1
  • Love 2