Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

5 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

What's everyone's beer/piss break song going to be this tour? 

I think it will still be Up All Night for me. It sounds good from the videos I've seen but I'm still not a huge fan of the song. 

for me it was always First Date/STFTK/Down

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

Nope. Dude I’ve been saying from day 1 that Tom seems different and his ego seemed gone and believed we’d hear at least bored to death. Only to be met with “dude it’s Tom. It won’t happen.”

The final step is to remove the To The Stars t-shirt and the transformation shall be complete lol. His attitude just seems 1000x healthier now. Will be interesting when/if they start doing media to hear what he has to say about it all.

Also- UAN sounds better than it ever has live by far too. I was kind of annoyed they had that in the set because it's so butchered usually, but I love the song and that was actually a good performance of it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I fucking love this song so much and not only does it sound incredible, they actually look and act so comfortable and cool as hell onstage, the production is so bright and colorful and fun for every song, wtf is happening?? The odds were stacked so high against this version of Blink ever existing hahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I fucking love this song so much and not only does it sound incredible, they actually look and act so comfortable and cool as hell onstage, wtf is happening?? The odds were stacked so high against this version of Blink ever existing hahaha

man listen to all of those backing guitar tracks during the verse.......:)

Tom sounds really good

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

I’m still debating Adjacent Fest.

Anyone going?!? 

I’m really considering on going to this, I live in New York so its about 2 n half hours from me, maybe 3 depending on traffic. If i go, ill be going by myself 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I’m really considering on going to this, I live in New York so its about 2 n half hours from me, maybe 3 depending on traffic. If i go, ill be going by myself 

I think I would be too. My one kid that would enjoy it is still a bit too young & my friends who used to go to these shows are all far away or just not into it enough anymore. Travel is double that distance for me, but I have family an hour away from AC who I could stay with. 

I’m also considering just going to the beach with the family that weekend & hoping I can see a bit & hear everything..  

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I fucking love this song so much and not only does it sound incredible, they actually look and act so comfortable and cool as hell onstage, the production is so bright and colorful and fun for every song, wtf is happening?? The odds were stacked so high against this version of Blink ever existing hahaha

haha holy shit. legendary 

17 hours ago, thongrider said:

Didnt you talk every week about how huge a hit it was?

No? Was a commercial flop.

I love the song though and still do. I think there's better songs off Nine to play live if they ever decide to do one though.

HEAVEN

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

No? Was a commercial flop.

I love the song though and still do. I think there's better songs off Nine to play live if they ever decide to do one though.

HEAVEN

Search the board for your "Billboard" posts and it's all about how big of a hit it was.

If this is about BIOMY.

• Haha 1

In all honesty Heaven could be one of the best blink songs live.  Not sure I'd want Tom on the Matt verse there, but bridge would be cool.  Mark could do both verses?

Darkside would be good too, Tom would do good on that song.  But might be weird to do a full Matt song. 

Nine was meant to be played live.  

• Crab 1

30 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Search the board for your "Billboard" posts and it's all about how big of a hit it was.

If this is about BIOMY.

Ok, just did. I tracked its performance on the charts as I have with every blink single since Neighborhoods. Looks like it peaked at #11? Should have done better, great tune

So finally I got to see some videos. This is astounding.

And finally, they're starting to downtune some songs, as Bored To Death, and now is not a torture for Mark to sing it. Both Cynical and BTD sounded great with Tom, I'm loving the little things he brings to BTD on the guitar. I though they wouldn't play those songs, but it's cool to see they're fine with their past. It's amazing.

Shit, Adam's Song, Up All Night... they sound so well right now... it's almost unbeliveable how well they are doing things this time. This is what this band, the legacy and themselves deserved. They are honoring their past, their present and, I hope, their future, just closing shit up.

Also, I kinda dig the stage set up. It's weird at first and I preffer a more classic scheme (I've never been a fan of the 360 knid of concept) but hey, is cool. Also I'm really loving the lightning and the screening shit.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

still buzzing watching videos of this this morning. since i became a fan of this band, later than most (2008-09), i've had to contend with a band in dysfunction. it was clear nothing was ever right, delays on albums, missed opportunities, sloppy live playing, lineup changes, songwriting farm-addled comeback albums, and more. it was clear most of that was due to tom, unfortunately, but we're in an entirely new era now: tom is back, and better than he has ever been.

THIS is the band i know and love, and what they've always been capable of. they sound completely tight in a way they never have. tom sounds committed, is singing properly, adding in cool riffs and playing with the songs a bit. mark's voice sounds stronger than it has in a decade, and it's clear this tour means a lot to him deep down. travis is an animal, as always, and in lieu of a drum solo, we've received a cool extended bridge for GOTDF!

not to mention the setlist! i really do love this setlist a lot. i'm not a fan that has ever expected them to play marlboro man, or even wendy clear, i just want them to play the hits and add a couple of fun ones in. this is that set: dysentery gary, aliens exist, GOTDF, cynical, BTD, both down and always (often skipped for one or the other), reckless abandon, dumpweed, and more. hearing tom sing the matt songs is, as i said, mind-boggling... it's not something i ever expected would or could happen, and it feels right. it really celebrates the band's history in full, including the matt era, and it's unreal to see.

in the past, the backing tracks were almost a comical symbol of what they could be sounding like (think the matt alter ego show, or the untitled 2013 shows). now they aid and add to the sound in a full way they always should. i really think the band switching to digital amps is a huge step up, it keeps the sound more consistent and is easier for them to manage. the stage design is an acquired taste, i guess, but if that's the only thing to complain about, so be it! if anything it pushes the guys closer together in a smaller space than giving them room to stay in their bubbles.

anyway! i love this band i can't wait for more. "the best timeline" is passe to say i feel like, but it feels like we're in it.

• Like 4