Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

17 hours ago, allsystemsgo said:

Blink starts at 9:15 at Detroit? I don't care about the openers and want to arrive when blink starts. Shouldn't be a problem getting in right? Parking may be an issue but whatever.

We just checked the videos from our phones for Chicago, and they started at 9:15 then as well. Anthem Pt 2 was time stamped at 9:19 at some point into the song. Who are you and why didn’t you say anything about the Detroit show before? Are you Oliver?

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I'm still not sure if I should check into a hotel or travel back on the same night. I don't want to risk having to leave blink to make my trip home.

I had to get hotels for both legs of the tour I’m going to. The closest they were coming to me was 3 hours away. I’m seeing them in Cleveland and Nashville.

• Like 1

Just now, brettyboy said:

I had to get hotels for both legs of the tour I’m going to. The closest they were coming to me was 3 hours away. I’m seeing them in Cleveland and Nashville.

Mine is around 9 hours away, but if I'll make the night train I'll get back the next morning and hopefully get some sleep on the train(even if that never happens). It'd be sweet to to just head to a hotel right after and get some time in the city the day after.

• Like 3

Just now, thongrider said:

Mine is around 9 hours away, but if I'll make the night train I'll get back the next morning and hopefully get some sleep on the train(even if that never happens). It'd be sweet to to just head to a hotel right after and get some time in the city the day after.

That’d be nice to sleep on the train. Cleveland show I got a hotel in walking distance so no traffic to and from. Nashville I got a hotel about 10 mins drive away so I’ll be ubering in and out with my daughter for that one. I was only planning to go to Nashville to take my daughter to her first show but won the Cleveland tickets so taking my brother to that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fap God said:

They played Not Now, it sounded heavy during the distortion parts but didn’t sound great overall. I think they replaced Adam’s Song with it. Taking quick pee break at start of I Miss You. 

I got back from my pee break 1/3 into I Miss You and caught the rest, and right after they played Adam’s Song. I think the song they dropped tonight was “Don’t Leave Me.” Travis said “sup Detroit” and they made sure to point out that didn’t happen for Chicago. Ghent will probably be ecstatic that Mark sang  Taylor Swift’s “we’re never getting back together” or whatever that song is called during the bridge of Dammit for the first time. That actually really fits  with the song tbh, thought that was sweet. I have so many more thoughts, I hope I remember them all. Tom looked really attractive. Also, a security guard told me to put my last joint out, when it was basically all the way gone and midway through All the Small Things. Jokes on you guy, joint was already out lol. Tom had an intimate with the crowd before leaving and I watched him walk off and his backwards white hat disappeared into the tunnel. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

That actually worked really well.

Someone commented on that mark should do an AVA chorus on the dammit bridge without telling Tom, that’s a good idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, NotNow said:

That actually worked really well.

Someone commented on that mark should do an AVA chorus on the dammit bridge without telling Tom, that’s a good idea.

Mark might actually have to listen to a few songs for him to do that!

boom!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fap God said:

We just checked the videos from our phones for Chicago, and they started at 9:15 then as well. Anthem Pt 2 was time stamped at 9:19 at some point into the song. Who are you and why didn’t you say anything about the Detroit show before? Are you Oliver?

I'm a simple lurker who posts occasionally, no secret Oliver here.

Show was solid. The guys looked and performed great. Good shit.

• Like 2

Random thoughts: Being up close, the show has a lot more backtracks than I previously could tell in Chicago. Travis is a fucking bad ass. Anyone who said he should be gone is a clown. The show has a lot of energy but there is a lot in particular guitars coming from the speakers than Tom is actually playing. Also, I think they have a back track for the crowd singing along to All The Small Things 

21 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Mark might actually have to listen to a few songs for him to do that!

boom!

I posted that in his discord right before he hopped on after the show and started posting, high likelihood he at least saw the comment

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fap God said:

Random thoughts: Being up close, the show has a lot more backtracks than I previously could tell in Chicago. Travis is a fucking bad ass. Anyone who said he should be gone is a clown. The show has a lot of energy but there is a lot in particular guitars coming from the speakers than Tom is actually playing. Also, I think they have a back track for the crowd singing along to All The Small Things 

smoke-weed.gif