Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

Glad they are playing not now. though i think tuning it down a full step is a bit too much, loses some of the angst...maybe they'll tune it up at least half a step once they feel more comfortable

Is it not original tuned down half a step?

8 hours ago, Fap God said:

Random thoughts: Being up close, the show has a lot more backtracks than I previously could tell in Chicago. Travis is a fucking bad ass. Anyone who said he should be gone is a clown. The show has a lot of energy but there is a lot in particular guitars coming from the speakers than Tom is actually playing. Also, I think they have a back track for the crowd singing along to All The Small Things 

Even from my noosebleed seats I could tell a lot was being played on backing track . Tom was having some type of technical difficulties early in the show. There where times where Tom stopped playing guitar and I still heard tons of guitar. 

10 hours ago, Fap God said:

I got back from my pee break 1/3 into I Miss You and caught the rest, and right after they played Adam’s Song. I think the song they dropped tonight was “Don’t Leave Me.” Travis said “sup Detroit” and they made sure to point out that didn’t happen for Chicago. Ghent will probably be ecstatic that Mark sang  Taylor Swift’s “we’re never getting back together” or whatever that song is called during the bridge of Dammit for the first time. That actually really fits  with the song tbh, thought that was sweet. I have so many more thoughts, I hope I remember them all. Tom looked really attractive. Also, a security guard told me to put my last joint out, when it was basically all the way gone and midway through All the Small Things. Jokes on you guy, joint was already out lol. Tom had an intimate with the crowd before leaving and I watched him walk off and his backwards white hat disappeared into the tunnel. 

Maybe not on day #1, but Day #2 got a "whats up Chicago" from Travis and Mark used the same line. "Day #1 didn't get that".

Also Mark was shitting on Day #1 of Chicago saying its far more hardcore to do a Sunday show than a Saturday one since most work Monday.

• Wow 1

10 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

Lol! That’s awesome!

Didn’t 100% work but I appreciate the effort and idea either way

Has he tried the Whopper song yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

Why do they keep talking shit about the venue the night before?

superman-joke.gif

lol theyve done this forever. just funny, not much to it. it's like a parody of how bands pander to cities they're in. except every city pales in comparison to the one you're in. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, boxelder said:

lol theyve done this forever. just funny, not much to it. it's like a parody of how bands pander to cities they're in. except every city pales in comparison to the one you're in. 

"Fuck Minnesota.  THIS is the Midwest"  had me dying.  Exactly how midwesterners are too competing over which state is the most 'Midwest' and superior. 

Surprised that whooshed right over Diddy's head. He's had so much character growth lately..

• Wow 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, Ghent said:

Up and comers but they never come.

What was that neckbeard band that took with them on the Cali tour? Haven't heard a thing about them since. Waste of a spot and brought out lots of d-bags to the show to boot lol

Lol what, they’re easily the biggest pop punk band on the planet right now. They’ve been writing a new album. 

1 hour ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

"Fuck Minnesota.  THIS is the Midwest"  had me dying.  Exactly how midwesterners are too competing over which state is the most 'Midwest' and superior. 

Surprised that whooshed right over Diddy's head. He's had so much character growth lately..

Imagine fighting over which shitty midwest city is the best. 

• Wow 1