Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I like that they’re adding new songs but kind of surprised they’re still stuck on Untitled deeper cuts.

Love those songs but not sure they need to be played live. They’ve just never really stood out to me live as anything special. 

And even if you’re catering to the most casual fans I don’t see how those songs are more enjoyable than a Mutt or Party Song or songs from that era.

Not a complaint though, I don’t consider it any major foul

I think Mark said Tom requested Not Now so it wouldn’t surprise me if Travis wanted violence since that gives him a chance to show off a bit.

Violence is blinks best live song is why they keep it in the set. They made a  deep cut an encore song for years for a reason. Fine with it taking a break but it’s a perfect live song (like I miss you) in person versus older songs like first date and all the small things that are junk live other than to sing along. The set also started super untitled and after light, needed one more song. Though I think they should try Stockholm syndrome they don’t play it much anymore and another great live option for a rotation between not now and violence.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

Violence is blinks best live song is why they keep it in the set. They made a  deep cut an encore song for years for a reason. Fine with it taking a break but it’s a perfect live song (like I miss you) in person versus older songs like first date and all the small things that are junk live other than to sing along. The set also started super untitled and after light, needed one more song. Though I think they should try Stockholm syndrome they don’t play it much anymore and another great live option for a rotation between not now and violence.

I would love to hear Stockholm Syndrome live this tour! 

I hope they continue mixing it up, new live versions of songs with the band making an effort is a dream.

I am going to be totally honest, when you are at the show, you don't really care what they play. I am a big "stale setlist" guy but when I heard All the Small Things for what was probably the 10,000th time, it was just good fun. We were singing and dancing. Who cares.

Would I love a 3 hour show with deep cuts and NINE songs, sure, but its not going to happen.

• Like 6

i’m not the biggest fan of violence by any means — it’s never stood out to me and it was woefully overplayed during the last reunion era. i can’t deny though that the crowd seemed into it in that clip though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High Value Man said:

I am going to be totally honest, when you are at the show, you don't really care what they play. I am a big "stale setlist" guy but when I heard All the Small Things for what was probably the 10,000th time, it was just good fun. We were singing and dancing. Who cares.

Would I love a 3 hour show with deep cuts and NINE songs, sure, but its not going to happen.

This was my thought exactly at St Paul. I legit didnt care what they played everyone was singing and having a blast and honest at the end of it i thought damn that was a solid set and i didn't mind the length at all. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Resident Zoomer said:

They played Violence in Toronto:

I'm usually not big on Violence live but this sounds great! I like it a lot more with just Tom on the verses. When they both sang on that part it would just sound a little bit muddied up. This is awesome.

11 hours ago, Ghent said:

I like that they’re adding new songs but kind of surprised they’re still stuck on Untitled deeper cuts.

Love those songs but not sure they need to be played live. They’ve just never really stood out to me live as anything special. 

And even if you’re catering to the most casual fans I don’t see how those songs are more enjoyable than a Mutt or Party Song or songs from that era.

Not a complaint though, I don’t consider it any major foul

Don’t Leave Me, Not Now, and Violence are the songs that have been changed out. So 1 was still Enema. If they keep changing at this pace, there will be a lot of songs played. This would actually be really cool, I hope they keep switching it up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

I would love some more Dude Ranch and Carousel tracks personally but that ain't happenin'. 

I mean they played Josie on their last tours with Tom, and I think a few shows with that acoustic set with Wasting Time? I wouldn’t be shocked if they did something like that again, but maybe not until their next tour. 

It really was a missed opportunity to not call this the “Cum back tour”, especially after that marketing video dropped.

• Like 2