Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

20 minutes ago, Rickay said:

Not sure this is relevant but Peter Kay had sold out 42 nights at the Manchester Arena 😮 with the last date in July 25. He should have done the dynamic pricing, would have made a killing

Damn! I literally have never even heard of him until this post. Crazy how some things can still be so segmented between the US and UK

32 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Damn! I literally have never even heard of him until this post. Crazy how some things can still be so segmented between the US and UK

I’m a fan of Peter Kay and even I’m shocked. How many people/artists/bands can sell 800,000 tickets over 2.5 years?! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah, don’t look him up.

Hes the epitome of working class british humour it uh… it’s not a good look 😂

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 8:24 AM, Chewy030 said:

The Taylor Swift pre sale has been a huge cluster fuck, not shocked after what we saw happen during Blinks. 

So to keep up on this Ticketmaster had to cancel the general onsale for tomorrow. https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/ticketmaster-taylor-swifts-eras-tour-broke-ticket-sales-93497475?fbclid=IwAR1sCXVsowt3GET_QqcETJ_uN1JXEd2ywtPYXYWwjRv86g66uuFLPuwHk0U 

"As "Good Morning America" reported previously, some $60 nosebleed seats were reportedly being resold for $700, and one fan even claimed to have found a resale ticket priced at $33,750." 

We knew the blink sale was bad but holy hell. 

16 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

So to keep up on this Ticketmaster had to cancel the general onsale for tomorrow. https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/ticketmaster-taylor-swifts-eras-tour-broke-ticket-sales-93497475?fbclid=IwAR1sCXVsowt3GET_QqcETJ_uN1JXEd2ywtPYXYWwjRv86g66uuFLPuwHk0U 

"As "Good Morning America" reported previously, some $60 nosebleed seats were reportedly being resold for $700, and one fan even claimed to have found a resale ticket priced at $33,750." 

We knew the blink sale was bad but holy hell. 

Points to Taylor for not using dynamic pricing though.

I looked up Taylor's response and I was ready to see something like "let's fight the system", but her actual response was basically "better luck next time I guess".

Bruce Springsteen's response is also completely disappointing: 

• Like 1

I feel like they're all in on it.  Like a major insider secret between the major artists.  Word probably traveled fast how they're making 4X (if not more) on ticket sales right now through dynamic pricing/ticketmaster, where they make most their money anyway. 

It's not like the artists made ticketmaster dynamic scamming, but they probably are nothing short of happy people are spending $1K to see them play sometimes.  That adds up so quickly.

Trying not to let it bother me personally with the artists, but I'm pretty convinced they are far from naive about it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

I feel like they're all in on it.  Like a major insider secret between the major artists.  Word probably traveled fast how they're making 4X (if not more) on ticket sales right now through dynamic pricing/ticketmaster, where they make most their money anyway. 

It's not like the artists made ticketmaster dynamic scamming, but they probably are nothing short of happy people are spending $1K to see them play sometimes.  That adds up so quickly.

Trying not to let it bother me personally with the artists, but I'm pretty convinced they are far from naive about it.

It’s weird watching adults figure out Bruce isn’t their friend and is just another millionaire 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

Artists are definitely in on it. They have the option to turn dynamic pricing off. Ed Sheeran has done it and it was off for this Taylor Swift tour too.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:18 PM, not the worst here said:

Most definitely. Taylor is prob the most capitalist popular artist we have rn so her response was/is no surprise. Not trying to be a hater though, her business/marketing sense is p astonishing imo.